☆ Chapter 6.5 ☆

Y/n woke up almost an hour later after she initially fell asleep

Y/n woke up almost an hour later after she initially fell asleep. The moon, yet to reach it's peak during the night. The darkness, combined with a haunting emptiness which echoed around the room, had the young girl feeling a lot more at edge than she had ever been. Y/n sat up wearily, grimacing at the feeling of dirt which was still stuck to her clothes, face and hair; not to mention, her eyes were burning painfully, feeling as though they had been burned by the sun, feeling drier than the desert which she had escaped from. After losing Lloyd, the thought of having a bath didn't occur to her at all, not when her mind was occupied with painful memories of the troops snatching him away from her.

Reluctantly, she stood up with a sigh. The longer she stayed in the room on her own, the more her sad thoughts would catch up to her, plus, it didn't help that the darkness felt a bit creepy now that Lloyd wasn't sleeping right by her side anymore. Wu's words replayed in her head, giving her the subtle reminder that she had the option to wake up anyone she deemed fit, if she still struggled to sleep. The sentiment was kind of him, obviously saying so to provide some form of comfort for the young girl, Nya probably told them all about what happen
ed and how much she cried. It didn't help that she had continued to sob straight into Kai's gi as he carried her, but also soaked Cole's shoulder with tears that just refused to stop the entire way home. Truth be told Y/n could do with someone next to her right now, even if it was just sitting next to her as she stared at a wall, as if she were watching paint dry. However, the girl was still hesitant, not sure whether she had any right to wake them up since she couldn't sleep.
Who would she wake up anyways?

She could wake up Wu, but quickly shook her head at the thought. He was old and probably needed his sleep more than the others, as active as he seemed to be.

Nya would be great to talk to since she was the only other female in the ship, but somehow, Y/n didn't feel like that would be the right answer either.

"I think I should have a quick shower first."
She mumbled, unable to focus properly when she still hard sharp pieces of grit sticking to her skin. Using the water in the shower was coming at the risk of the noise of the generator, but she was sure they wouldn't hear it over the initial engine noise that they had all grown accustomed to hearing 24/7.

Warm water helped slightly to soothe her aching ribs, the initial touch of water caused her to bite her hand harshly to prevent herself from crying out in pain. The young girl pressed her hands over her mouth, eyes squeezed shut as she let the water surround her body and take away the dirt that clung to her. Luckily, it didn't take too long before the pain subsided, and she breathed out a sigh of relief once the pain subsided. It lifted her mood, just a fraction, as the pain from her physical injuries left her body even if the process had her keeling over in pain. Y/n brushed a hand gingerly against her rib cage, swallowing hard as she saw the bruised print which Pythor had left on her body, amongst the other bruises she had accumulated. A stream of water trickled down her face, feeling as though someone ran their finger over the side of her face, and she moved her hand to her cheekbone as the vivid memory of Lloyd pressing a delicate kiss to her cheek, his forehead resting against her own, replayed in her mind's eye. The memory replayed over and over like a broken VHS, glitching and going back to the start before glitching again near the end, and so on.