Chapter 16.5

Lloyd woke up bright and early the next morning, which

Lloyd woke up bright and early the next morning, which...wasn't all too bright considering that the apartment they lived in was quite dark and dusty, but the enthusiasm was still there. So he rubbed his eyes wearily to get the sleep out of them. Once he was fully awake, he looked down at the girl next to him and perked up as he remembered what day it was that day.

It's Y/n's birthday today.
He thought to himself the moment he was lucid enough, rolling out from under the blanket they shared with extreme caution. Then with ever so gentle hands, Lloyd pushed his pillow into her arms which seemed to search for him in her sleep, before carefully placing the blanket over her as he tried to quietly find where his uncle was.

It didn't take too long, since Wu was usually up in the early hours naturally.

"You're up quite early nephew, this is a very pleasant surprise. I can only assume that today must be a rather special occasion."
Wu said as he walked into the room to see the blonde boy trying to wake the others.

Lloyd crept up to the old man with a considerable amount of excitement, keeping his voice low as he glanced to his h/c haired friend who was sound asleep.

"It's Y/n's 10th birthday today Uncle, it's her first birthday out of Brightly's and the orphanage, I wanted to surprise her."
The blonde haired boy whispered to his uncle, the old man smiling as he saw how excited the younger boy was.

"It is? Hmm, that is interesting. I assume you have some plans for the day?"
He asked Lloyd, who looked up at him with a confident smile and nodded enthusiastically.

"Yeah, I do! Ahaha, She's gonna have the best birthday ever, just watch!"

Unfortunately, Lloyd exclaimed his confident proclamation a little too loudly, and frightened the h/c haired girl awake. The young girl woke up with a start as she jolted up and looked around, pillow thrown to a wall and hands curled up.
"Fight me! I'll knock you ou-"
She was cut off as a yawn escaped her mouth, and she stood up to stretch, getting the stiff feeling out her arms and legs.
"Never mind, I'm too sleepy to fight. You get the others instead."

Lloyd slapped himself, cursing himself for waking his friend up so early, and simultaneously panicking at the when he realsied that despite his enthusiasm. He had absolutely nothing planned for his best friend's birthday. The terror said over his face, blood draining as he watched her talk to herself sleepily, until he felt a calming hand on his shoulder.

As if Wu had read his mind, the old man swept his nephew to the side, shoving him towards the sleeping Ninja and stood next to the young girl.
"Good morning Y/n, it's a pleasant morning and the sun has yet to awaken like ourselves, I was just going to go for a walk before breakfast, care to join me?"
He asked her, still smiling as the girl looked over at him underneath hair that stuck up and out at odd angles.