Chapter 26

Hey

Hey...sorry for late updates, my health is deteriorating a lil atm and college is busy busy busy right now since the country is another full lockdown.
I'm doing my best to find time, thanks for all your patience with me.
❤️

—————💚—————

The Stone Army finally reached the coast with the weapon that Lord Garmadon and the Overlord ordered their minions to create. Both looking over the horizon in the direction of Ninjago, which was barely visible from behind the fog that floated around the island.

"Ninjago is now within reach,"
the Overlord hissed in a low voice, his voice hoarse and scratchy.
"Activate the weapon so all will know of your rule."

Garmadon gazed at the horizon, an eerie grin crossing his face as chuckles escaped him,
"Yes. Load the cannon. Finally, my darkest dream will now become..."
His eyes narrowed in anticipation, a swell of excitement blossoming within his dark heart,
"...reality"

Without a moment of hesitation, the dark lord stepped forward towards the control panel of the weapon, hand hovering over the button. However, just as he was about to slam his hand down, a large beam of green light passes by him, narrowly missing his form.

"Father, don't!"

Garmadon's eyes widened, at first in surprise, which then changed to anger as he looked towards the source of the sudden energy beam.
"Lloyd!"

"What are you doing?"
The Overlord growled, voice hoarse and scratchy as he hovered over Garmadon, his dark and wispy body crackling with dark matter.
"Push the button!"

Garmadon looked down at the group, eyebrows furrowed slightly as he saw who was present.
"So, the balance has sent my son, his girlfriend, my brother, and my wife to try to stop me?"
A sinister smile crept upon his face and Y/n had to physically hold herself back from shivering violently. Glancing over to Lloyd she could see the apprehension underneath his brave face, and edged a little closer towards him for comfort, synchronising her own emotions with his own.
"It looks like my little...surprise has kept the Ninja busy.

Misako stepped forward,
"Don't do it," she pleaded, looking up to her husband with desperation.
"If you alter the balance, it will allow the Overlord to cross over"

Wu stepped up next to her, fearful and worried for the actions his brother was taking.
"The balance will be destroyed, and we will all pay dearly."

Garmadon's glare faltered, easily seen by the Overlord who hovered closer to him,
"Don't listen to them. They betrayed you"