Chapter 24

After the Ninja were given their new elemental weapons, they decided to celebrate, and were currently "practicing" their new powers on the shore of the Island

If by practicing you meant, looking as though you were having a lovely ol' time, frolicking on the beach. Y/n watched from a rock nearby, sitting on top of it whilst slurping on coconut milk through a straw, fresh from the source.

Kai grinned as he raised his weapon,
"Order up. Coconut cream pie. Served well done!" He used his fire on a coconut projectile that was thrown his way. Y/n snorted at the stupid quips the group were making, and threw the empty coconut shell in their direction, cackling as she watched the projectile hit Kai on the back of the head.
"That was lame! You need something smarter!"

Everyone burst into laughter, minus Kai, aiming a glare at the pink ninja, who winked at him and raised another coconut cup as she acknowledged the glare, then slurped on the contents through a straw again. With a hum she closed her eyes, curious as to where Lloyd was and what he was doing since he wasn't in the same area as the rest of them were.

Pink ninja to green bean, do you read?
Only comics

Very funny
She rolled her eyes, hearing him chuckle through their connection, the noise causing her heart rate to speed up a little bit as she admired the way it sounded in her head.

You okay gummy bear? Your heart is beating faster than normal

"Oh shoot"
Y/n felt the panic soar even higher as she forgot, once more, about the capabilities of their connection, however much to her luck, her excuse was heading in the direction she and the other ninja were.

Wu's heading up towards the guys, he looks mad gotta blast
Then without waiting for a response from him, momentarily afraid he'd end up reflecting her emotions and then figuring out why she suddenly cut off, Y/n closed her eyes and shifted her focus from Lloyd, and back to the older teens who were blissfully unaware of the old man approaching them from behind.

"It is good to have our powers back", Zane said with a smile as he looked to the others.

Jay nodded,
"Yup, you're right. And since we've all been working on our witty quips to follow every cool thing we do, I'd say we got this final battle in the bag. Or should I say..."
He signals Cole to launch another coconut.
"...I'd be shocked if we lose!"
He uses his lightning on the coconut, laughing as it exploded, and grinned even wider when he got a thumbs up of approval from the h/c haired girl. The thumbs up and smile quickly turned into a thumbs down, and an expression of alarm as the group heard an angry voice call out to them.