Chapter 27

The Ninja were stuck on the Dark Island, tending to the injuries which both young fighters sustained after facing The Overlord

The Ninja were stuck on the Dark Island, tending to the injuries which both young fighters sustained after facing The Overlord. Y/n was being tended to by Cole, who looked as though he were on the verge of tears as he cleaned up the dry blood stains on his sister's face, and bandaged up her wrist which ended up being sprained in the fall.

Dr. Julien sat by an upset Lloyd, bandaging his leg up which ended up being injured a lot worse than he had originally thought. Yet despite knowing his state, the blonde continued to ask,
"can I still fight?"

Julien gave him a sympathetic sigh and shook his head, hand resting on his shoulder.
"Hmm, I'm sorry. That leg will take weeks to heal."

Lloyd groaned as he stood up, trying his best not to put any weight on his injured leg.
"We don't have weeks"

Slightly alarmed by his behaviour, Y/n ran over to Lloyd, mindful of her sprained wrist which she could feel throbbing under the bandage.
"Hey, take it easy Lloyd, you're hurt,"
she mumbled, wrapping her arms around his own as she lay her head against his shoulder. Lloyd sighed, laying his head onto his best friend's and mumbling an apology into her hair.

"I'm sorry Y/n, I'm just mad at myself for being weak,"
he sighed as he pressed his face against her hair, too tired to glare at the others who were trying to tease them light heartedly from the back.

Y/n bit her lip slightly and shook her head, looking up at him,
"never call yourself weak Lloyd,"
she murmured, giving him a small smile.
"We're doing this together, and we will win, I know we will"

Wu nodded as he turned to look at everyone,  a grim expression on his face.
"The battle between good and evil will be decided today."

Kai released an annoyed groan, kicking a piece off broken wood which was in front of him as he pointed his weapon at the sea.
"And we can't even get to the fight, much less get off this island"

Jay sighed, looking utterly destroyed as he stared at the floor.
" I wonder if I'll ever see Nya again,"
he murmured, more to himself than the others, as be looked over to Zane.

"Perhaps it's best to think of our friends as we remember them in our hearts, not as they are now"

Lloyd frowned slightly at the thought,
"But I don't remember my father any other way."

"We can recover our friends, can't we ?!"
Kai looked over to Wu, confusion and fatigue over his face, motivation drained from him after his recent encounter with what used to be his sister.
"Sensei, I don't understand. The prophecy said the Green Ninja would defeat the Dark Lord. Why didn't we win?"
He asked quietly, and Wu looked down in silence, unable to come up with, or think of an answer to his question. Something that shocked everyone.