☆ Chapter 3 ☆

Eerie

Eerie .

That's the only word that could be used to describe the atmosphere which the graveyard expressed, the moment the two kids walked in. The stench of something indescribable, but clearly rotting away, combined with the unprecedented green mist that covered the area caused the two kids to become pale when walking through the rusted gates. As plants and ivy covered tombstones and the paths, the graveyard definitely looked as though no one had stepped foot in the area, for a very long time.

"L..Lloyd...this place is spooky...aren't you a little bit scared?"
Y/n asked in a small voice, her body shivering violently as she swore something whispered behind her. She clung to Lloyd's shoulder, standing behind him whilst keeping an eye out for anything which could potentially jump out and snatch the two.

Lloyd gulped nervously, equally as afraid, but put a confident act up as he saw the state which his best friend was in. He shook his head, and laughed, coughing slightly as his throat was dry with anxiousness.

"Scary? It's not scary aha..."
He jumped slightly after the two of them stepped on a twig, the little piece of wood splitting with a snap that echoed around the desolate cemetery, Lloyd sighed in relief when he saw that it was just a twig, and laughed sheepishly.
"...maybe a little bit but I like scary !"
The green-eyed boy spoke boldly, though his face showed otherwise. He stood up straight and put a hand on his chest, trying to make himself look bigger and stronger.
"I'm the son of the dark lord, I eat this stuff for breakfast"

Y/n smiled weakly at him, her mood slightly more uplifted that it had been and she took a torch out of her bag, smacking the head of it as it flickered on. She shined the light, pointing the torch in front of them. It was a sudden spectacle for the kids to behold as right in front of them stood the stature of a giant, dual headed snake, illuminated by torchlight.

It's safe to say they both freaked out instantly.

"AAAAAAAHHHH"

The two kids screamed, Y/n dropping the torch so she could hold onto Lloyd tighter than ever, whilst the blond boy twisted his body around to hide himself under Y/n's body, the height different making it easier for him to hide under her. Once they both stopped freaking out, Lloyd turned back around, Y/n's arms around his neck as though she was a human cape he was wearing as he approached the statue.

"See! It's okay! It was just a statue."
Y/n removed herself from Lloyd to look at the statue a little closer, sighing in relief as she realised that they had both just overreacted in the moment.

"Just wait, I'm gonna make that Hypnobrai pays for their betrayal. If there's one thing a snake doesn't like, then it's another snake. Look, next to the mutated tree!"
The young boy dropped to his knees and swiped away at the layer of dust that had built up on top of the entrance of the tomb, revealing the symbol for the serpentine tomb underneath it.