Chapter 21.5

Y/n went around to talk to and comfort the citizens who were on board the Bounty, each of them terrified, confused, and anxious about the situation within the city

Y/n went around to talk to and comfort the citizens who were on board the Bounty, each of them terrified, confused, and anxious about the situation within the city. From the balcony of the ship, Lloyd leaned against the wood after he found himself staring at her.

He couldn't help but admire the way she spoke with such a soft tone towards the nervous crowds, her personality going from loud and annoying, to soft and caring. Well, not that she couldn't be soft and caring from the beginning.

"You've been staring for quite a while son, see something you like?"

Lloyd yelped and almost lost his balance, until Misako chuckled lightly, holding his arm so that he could steady himself. Lloyd glanced at his mother, then back to Y/n, then quickly to his mother again, cheeks growing pink in colour as he shook his head and looked to the side.
"I- I don't know what you're talking about. Unless you're talking about, uh, the sunset? Then yeah, the sunset is something I like. It's nice and calm and...and pink...I mean"

He was cut off again as Misako laughed a little louder, shaking her head slightly and placing her hand on the blonde teen's shoulder as she looked at him with a smile on her face.
"Lloyd, I know that look, it's the same one I would give to your father before we married"

Lloyd looked back at her, sighing before he looked back towards Y/n who was now smothering Cole in hugs, her older adoptive brother laughing loudly as he span her around.
"Is it normal for it to feel strange ? We've been best friends since forever, I don't want things to change just because we're older...but part of me really wants to be more than best friends....I think I like like her"
He groaned, turning around and leaning over the railing so that his arms dangled over it.
"Emotions are so confusing"

"Crushes and love are confusing, but the best thing to do is to follow your heart"
Misako spoke softly, glancing to the pink ninja a couple of times with a sad smile on her face.
"However, if you remember, she has a bond with you unlike any other. Your hearts, and minds are synced, and unless you've been too dense to notice..."

Lloyd visibly perked up as he heard her voice trail off, and looked at his mother again,
"You mean she might like like me too ?", he asked, his tone of voice coming out a little more excited than it normally sounded.

Nodding her head, Misako cast another glance to Y/n,
"She very much does like you Lloyd, but you must see it for yourself as we can see it".

She laughed lightly again, and walked away quickly, leaving her son within his own thoughts as she noticed the h/c haired girl skipping towards her friend with a smile on her face. Unbeknownst to the blonde boy, she had a grin on her face as she prepared to pounce onto him, noticing how he had his back turned to her.