CHILD LIFE Pt 2

"Are you kidding me Lloyd?!"

Y/n smacked her face as she looked at the collection of items Lloyd seemed to have, 'bought and found', and was now showing her.

"We both know you're more broke than...well...anyone! Did you steal all that?!"
She yelled at him again and Lloyd groaned, rolling his eyes at her.

"I came from a school for bad boys, Y/n. What did you expect me to do? Be good like you and get a job? A job is boring!"

Y/n huffed and put her hands on her hips, glaring at him.
"A job gives you life skills! And that is very important! I have a small job, you should see how great it is!"

Lloyd's eyes almost popped out of his head after hearing the news, and he stammered over his words in shock.
"You...you...you got a job! When? How? What?!"

The young girl snickered proudly, looking away from him and puffing out her chest.
"I did! The kind old lady is letting me work in the flower shop with her!"

Lloyd was quiet for a couple of moments and tugged on the cloak that he wore, pulling the hood a little further over his face.
"Yeah well..that's cause you're a girl...and girl's get jobs better since...you're nice..and stuff."

"Is that jealousy I hear?"
Y/n teased, and Lloyd turned pink, shaking his head and looking away from her.

"Me? Do you know who I am? I'm Lloyd Montgomery Garmadon. Son of the evil Lord Garmadon. I would never be jealous of anything!"

The girl in pink gave him a blank expression for a couple of moments.
"Right..right...anyways I got some money for food from the ramen stand nearby, wanna go?"

"Hell yeah let's go."

___________________

The next day, Lloyd strolled around the village boredly, kicking rocks and other small items that were in his path as he nibbled on a lollipop which he stole from a candy vendor nearby. Y/n was nowhere in sight since she mentioned that she was going to be at her job in the flower shop for the day, which left Lloyd to wander around on his own and wait till she was done.

"It's kinds boring without her to be honest."
He mumbled to himself, sighing and sitting on a bench that was in the area that he was in. Lloyd was currently walking through the park on his own, one which he usually walked through with Y/n. Whether they be chasing each other and playing tag, or even just walking hand in hand with one another.

He let out a long sigh, turning around and walking straight back out the park so that he was wandering through the streets of the village once more, head up in the clouds, and not paying attention to anything he was doing or where he was going.

"These roses bloomed to be so pretty! You certainly have a flair for gardening young woman!"

Lloyd stopped in his tracks once he heard the old woman speak, then turned around as fast as he could when he heard a familiar giggle. Without a moment of hesitation he followed the direction from where the voices were coming from, which was difficult considering that he was in the marketplace and so many people where around and making noise. Yet somehow, Lloyd felt as though he knew where he would be able to find Y/n, as though a place in his heart was telling him the directions of how to get to her. He followed them without stopping to question what he was feeling, wanting nothing more than to see his best friend again and how she was doing at her job.