Chapter 18.25

Following the Grundle fiasco, it was very dark, and very late when the group got back to the Bounty

"They grow up so fast"
Cole sobbed for the fifth time since Y/n grew older. "My little pebble isn't little anymore"
Everyone sniggered as the h/c haired girl was squeezed in his embrace, awkwardly patting her brother on the shoulder as be cried crocodile tears into her shoulder.

"This will be awkward to explain to dad in the next letter"
Y/n chuckled to herself, before gazing to the side hearing another sob which came from Jay.

"Oh how can this be fair! Lloyd's taller than me now!"
He complained, standing next to the blonde haired teen who was cackling proudly, standing up straight with his arms crossed as he looked down to Jay.

Y/n breathed out a heavy sigh before peeling herself away from Cole, and yawning.
"This whole growing older stuff is exhausting, I think I'm gonna go to bed"
Y/n yawned, covering her mouth as she looked at the group through weary eyes.

"You could say that again"
Lloyd nodded, still smiling but also looking weary from the events that had happened that day. After all, it's not everyday you fight a monster and turn older as a result of it.

"Come on then, let's go to bed"
Y/n nodded her head to Lloyd, as he put an arm over her shoulder, and the two were gonna go to the room that they had shared when they were smaller, until they were stopped and separated. Much to their confusion, Y/n was lifted into the air effortlessly by Cole, and Lloyd was pulled away by Kai.

"Sorry you two, I think sleeping arrangements are gonna have to change"
Kai said awkwardly as the two looked at him in confusion.

"What do you mean? We've always shared a room? What's up?"
Lloyd asked, quirking an eyebrow. Y/n looked down at him just as puzzled and looked to Cole for an answer, but her brother looked away, refusing to make eye contact.

"It's uh...a growing up thing and uh...it's complicated we'll explain tomorrow, just for now, Lloyd, you're with the boys, and Y/n you can share with me"
Nya told her abruptly, walking past the two and grabbing the h/c haired girl by the arm as soon as Cole placed her back onto her feet. Dragged her away from the others, whilst Kai did the same to Lloyd and pulled him in the opposite direction.

There was an uncomfortable silence that was now in the area, as the three remaining ninjas looked at Wu awkwardly, the old man muttering incoherent words to himself.
"Uh...sensei?"
Jay started to ask, but was cut off as Wu sighed and gestured to them.

"It seems that I forgot how long it takes for Tomorrow's tea to fully take effect"
He said, as the three looked at him curiously.