☆ Chapter 9 ☆

Pythor and Skales, followed by the rest of the serpentine, all walked, or slithered, into the tomb

Pythor and Skales, followed by the rest of the serpentine, all walked, or slithered, into the tomb. Lloyd in tow at the back as he was pulled along by a chain which was wrapped around him.

"Ugh. Why musssst we sssstop if the next Fangblade is just ahead of ussss?" Skales complained after he bumped into Pythor, the purple Anacondri suddenly stopping in his tracks.
Pythor growled under his breath, twisting his head around to glare at the Hypnobrai leader.

He hit his staff on the floor in front of him, triggering a booby trap which made the ground ahead of them crumble into pieces. Skales gulped, eyes darting between the ground which had fallen in and Pythor who still had an aggravated expression on his face.

"What good is unlocking the Great Devourer with the four Fangblades, if we're not around to see it? Get the boy!"

Skales nodded and turned to the others,
"Bring the boy!"
Two Fangpyre snakes walk forward with Lloyd, quickly ridding him of the restraints which fell to the ground withnw dull thud.

Lloyd gasped in relief, innocently believing that perhaps, he was finally going to be released from the hell that being captured by the Serpentine was.
"Oh, you're letting me go?"

Pythor chuckled in amusement and pointed to the other end of the tomb with his staff.
"Heh, only to fetch, my dear boy."
His expression grew all the more sinister when he saw the look of panic settling across the blond boy's expression, patting the boy on the back briefly.
"Do step lightly."

Swallowing nervously, Lloyd edged his way to the other side of the ground, jumping over a gap and almost falling until he grabbed the other side of the path and hoisted himself up.
"Bring me the Fangblade, and I'll let you go."
Pythor wagered with the smaller boy, who was sprawled on the ground, trying to recover from the shock of almost falling to his death.

Once Lloyd managed to catch his bearings again, edging away from the pit he almost fell into, he started to consider the weight of Pythor's words as they echoed within his mind.

Come on Lloyd, if you just get this then you can get back to Y/n and away from these stupid snakes,  just think about Y/n.
He told himself, breathing heavily before running over the path again, yelling as it gave way beneath him as he sprinted over it.

Once he had made it past the first trap, above him, a spiked ceiling started to fall down, which made the poor boy scream once again and drop to the floor, crawling under the spikes to avoid them. Luckily for himself, Lloyd's small stature ensured that he escaped the second trap without any injuries to his body. Though, from the way he felt his heart racing, he assumed that he would die of a heart attack before he would die being mutilated by a trap.