☆ Chapter 7 ☆

More days passed on the Bounty, as the ninja were training harder than ever to try and reach their full potential in order find the serpentine, to save Lloyd and prevent the snakes from unleashing the Great Devourer

Wanting nothing more than to feel included with everyone, as they seemed to be working so hard. y/n did her best with whatever skills she had, striving to improve her intelligence and strategising skills as she studied books on war and the history behind them. Often during these self-taught lessons, she would go up to Wu and ask him questions, knowing full well that he had experienced his fair couple of fights when he was younger. The old man was enthusiastic to shed more light on historical topics, and was over the moon that there was at least one person living with them all who prioritised their education at a young age. Wu could see how she focused intensely on the pages of the books she would borrow from the library at the start of the week. Returning to the ship with one of the ninja as they carried a dozen books or so with them. At this point, there wasn't a room within the ship which didn't hold at least one or two of her books, nevermind the literal piles she kept within her own room, combined with the numerous amounts of paper pinned to the wall with her notes on them.

Alongside her self-studies, y/n was also very enthusiastic about learning to fight. However it was clear to her that it would take some time before she could jump straight into any basic self defense training. Nya had told the others about the injuries she had sustained after Pythor had squeezes the life out of her whilst she was in Oruborus, and whilst the older girl explained the situation, she swore Cole looked as though he was going to pop a blood vessel from how angry he looked. Not just him either, but the group looked completely outraged at the fact that Pythor stooped low enough to physically hurt a child. It put into perspective, how evil the Anacondrai had the capability of being as well as the fact that keeping y/n safe was one of their most important priorities alongside rescuing her friend.

Currently, three of the ninja and y/n were at the edge of the ship, staring into the water. They were eagerly waiting for Zane to resurface after they timed him to see how long he could hold his breath underwater.

"Ten minutes! He just broke his own record! This guy is inhumane!"
Kai screamed, breaking into a grin as they all saw Zane resurface.

"Amazing!"
Cole whooped, keeping a tight hold on y/n's ankles to make sure she didn't fall down from her place on his shoulders. Jay looked as though he were going to cry, as he playfully bowed down in Zane's direction whilst the younger girl snickered at his actions.

"Did I beat the record?"
The white ninja asked with a smile. y/n nodded excitedly and looked down at Kai from Cole's shoulder. The red ninja showed him the stopwatch with a grin on his face.

"Destroyed it!"

"That was amazing Zane ! I don't think anyone in the world could ever beat your score."
y/n grinned excitedly as Cole set her on the ground. She giggled as Zane thanked her with his usual smile, ruffling her hair affectionately as they all started to walk back inside together.