☆ Chapter 14 ☆

The Great Devourer had left the earth, but with it the beast left a hefty amount of damage on Ninjago City, leaving it to the citizens to clean it all up and repair what had been broken

The Great Devourer had left the earth, but with it the beast left a hefty amount of damage on Ninjago City, leaving it to the citizens to clean it all up and repair what had been broken. Buildings were still crumbling apart from infrastructure damage, burst pipes were flooding several streets, trees, and cars were uprooted. It was slow but steady progress in terms of getting the City back to normal.

It took a while, there were a lot of repairs to be done and it was costly as well, but with help from everyone in the city and the ninja. It didn't take long before Ninjago City was restored.

"Looks like everything is almost fixed."
Y/n commented as she and her blond-haired friend walked around the city together. Their hands intertwined, their masks up as they strolled past people and builders alike.

Lloyd nodded and kicked a stone on the pavement in boredom.
"Yeah, but I'm super bored now, why can't we go somewhere else?"
He questioned, looking over at her as she sighed and pointed to the ninja behind her, who was fixing a street sign whilst Kai complained about something.

"They said no, remember? Plus, they're keeping a closer eye on us since the day someone got themselves in trouble for not staying where they were supposed to."

With a sheepish chuckle and a hue of pink dusting itself across his face. Lloyd immediately understood what she was hinting at, judging from the glare she held on her face, and it was fair to say he couldn't argue against that.

"Yeah, I know, I was stupid..."
He trailed off as a mischievous smirk made its way across his face, and he quickly wiped it off to replace the expression with an innocent one.
"But I saw a park close by...one with, I don't know...hmm, an ice cream truck and a cool playground."

He looked over to her and grinned as he saw her facial expression tense. Y/n's jaw clenched slightly, and she looked away from him as Lloyd tried to get in her face, a wide grin across his own.
"Lloyd...don't pull that card."

She was having a clear internal battle but knowing Y/n for as long as he had, it wouldn't take too long before she folded. However, she was still holding on.
I guess it's time for my secret weapon.

"The Library is looking for shelf stacking volu-"

"Heeeey guys! Is it okie dokie for me and Lloyd to go to a playground close by or even the Library?"

The h/c-haired girl skipped to the four who had just repaired the sign, with the most innocent-looking face she could put on, her eyes sparkling, a wide smile stretching across her lips and a skip in her step.

Lloyd had to admit to himself that it was a sure-fire way of getting anyone to bend to her will, especially when he felt as though he would do absolutely anything to see her maintain that look of utter joy on her face.