☆ Chapter 8 ☆

Y/n walked through the Bounty, her nose stuck into a journal full of notes and scribbles related to the Serpentine and everything that she, Nya and the ninja had discovered about their powers

Y/n walked through the Bounty, her nose stuck into a journal full of notes and scribbles related to the Serpentine and everything that she, Nya and the ninja had discovered about their powers. Truth be told, she was usually so caught up in trying to write everything that came to mind so quickly, that once she tried to revise them, she had a little bit of a hard time trying to make heads and tails of what she had written in the first place.
Ugh, I should have paid more attention to handwriting lessons back at Brightly's.
She thought to herself, squinting her eyes slightly to if her writing would clear itself up like that.

It didn't.

And since she wasn't looking where she was going, she ended up walking straight into a door which had opened in front of her.

"OWCH-"

Jay screamed slightly when he saw the girl knocked to the floor, slightly dazed as her journal fell out of her hands and hit the ground next to her.
"Aw no! I didn't see you there squirt! Are you okay?"

Y/n shook her head from side to side, trying to get rid of the stars she could see due to the impact. Laughing sheepishly, she scratched the back of her neck, giving the blue ninja (who was...dressed up actually) a weak thumbs up.
"I'm good! Just wasn't looking where I was going."

Jay breathed a sigh of relief, laughing himself as he lifted the girl onto her feet with ease, dusting her off with a smile.
"Watch where you're going next time smartie pants, that book of yours won't run anywhere if you're eyes aren't off it."

Y/n giggled as he prodded her ribs, she was especially ticklish there and playfully batted his hands away as they engaged in a lighthearted fist fight which quickly ended as Jay caught her in a headlock, rubbing her head affectionately as she tried to pull out of his hold.
"Okay okay okay I give in! Anyway-"
She poked his chest, looking up to him with a cheeky smile, and a messy hairstyle.
"What's with the attire.."
She paused for a moment to take a sniff.
"And why do you smell like you rolled around in a flower store?"

Jay's smile quickly faltered into a flustered expression and his hands flapped around as he stumbled over his words.

"Oh, aha, that, uh, I....I'm"

The h/c haired girl burst into a fit of giggles. There was only one reason she could think of in the moment to explain why he was suddenly dressed so strangely.
"For Nya, riiiiiight ?"

She crossed her arms with a smirk, catching Jay off guard as he spluttered and blushed brightly, but was quick to sigh and nod at her.

"Yeah, I'm just...just trying to impress her, ya know? Sensei said that the key to unlocking our full potential was in our hearts and-"
He was cut off as Y/n pranced around him comedically, making lovey dovey faces as she clutched her hands to her face and leaned against him.