Chapter 30

"Am I dead?"

"Am I dead?"

Her voice echoed into the seemingly endless oblivion which surrounded her. There was darkness around her which she could not escape from. No floor, no ceiling, no open space.

She was just, there, standing, floating.

Y/n walked forward, well, she tried to, but with her surroundings being nothing other than darkness, and being suspended by almost nothing. It felt as though she wasn't moving anywhere.

The quiet was deafening, she couldn't even hear her own voice in her head or the subtle ringing in her ears which she would constantly hear if she strained her hearing in silence.

It was...

Disappointing to her if she was honest, and an unamused frown curled itself on her lips.

"You're telling me heaven and hell were fake? The heck is thi–GAAAAAAAA"

All of a sudden, the girl felt as though she were falling at an incredible speed through the darkness. Cold air hit her skin like whips from the air resistance that struck her body. Though she was taken by surprise, Y/n found herself in an unusually relaxed state as she was falling into the oblivion. As though the fear had been washed over with a calm that she couldn't find herself concentrating on.

It was just...peaceful.

Y/n closed her eyes as a light started to appear in front of her eyes, one that was growing as though it were chasing after her as she fell. A light that almost looked as though it was reaching out to her through wisps of aura that enveloped her in a warmth unlike any ray of sunshine could ever radiate. A blinding light that surrounded her and felt as though it were slowing her fall as her surroundings went from black, to white, and then to blue.

The fall slowed down more and more until she felt herself floating, still stuck in a peaceful trance until she landed on soft ground.

Then she woke up.

Y/n sat up with a groan, clutching her head as she took note of the sudden change in her surroundings as she came to.

The had changed dramatically, and instead of an endless oblivion, Y/n found herself on a brightly lit, green, grassy hill. The land went on for as far as her eyes could see, fields full of flower meadows and trees. A clear sky with a shining sun which provided her with a comforting.

"Still think heaven is fake?"

A voice called out from above her, and Y/n let out a strange noise as she looked around.