CHAPTER 26

Every breath in me was knocked out. I think I am breathing in carbon dioxide. My body was giving up bit by bit. The tip of my fingers were numb. A weird feeling was creeping in from my stomach pit. A creepy feeling, like a fireball was going up and stopped right in my chest. A pain that made me double up. I never knew that my happiness would be so short lived and that my happiness could be burned to ashes by just a single name flashing on my laptop screen.

For the past half an hour all I had did was sit and stare helplessly at the contact veronica had mailed.

Drake aquilla. It said in bold letters, the name was followed by two contact numbers and his address, address of Las Vegas, that was the only thing that I could probably use to set my mind at peace. He can't be in Las Vegas, could he? I would have know if he had gone that far, won't i?

but come on who am I fooling, his name was the exact same thing that I see on my screen same spelling same everything.

God, please. Just don't let this be him. I can't work with him. That means I won't be able to work on this project which is equal to saying I have gone mad. This could earn me experience which I am lacking and which I need desperately and I couldn't possibly give up this chance for this person, never. I wouldn't even give up a small bit of a chocolate for this idiot let alone my work. But I don't want to see his face, I dont want to hear his voice.

"did you call him?" veronica asked peeking in with her phone pressed to her ears.

"uhh i I am.. I am trying. Its not going through. "

"And also fix the meeting any day next week, I won't be available for two weeks after that."  All I could do was nod.

Yes of course. Its so easy right fix a meeting she doesn't have to talk to her ex boyfriend, I have to. And she has no idea the hell I am going through.

Okay. I need to do this. I can't be affected by his name this much. My fingers where literally sweating when I held up the receiver and dialed up the number.

With every ring my lips where constantly saying please don't pick. Please don't be drake. Please don't pick up. Please don't-

"hello" fuck no. this is drake. I could forget any sound not his goddamn voice. I love his voice. Or maybe I loved his voice, in the past tense. But wait is it wrong just to love his voice and hate him. Its possible right. O my god I am hopeless. He was repeating the hello and I was speculating the theory of love hate. Maybe I should hang up, no. hanging up meaning I would have to go through this torture all over again, thats a big no.

"hello." His voice was frustrated. He had no right to be frustrated only I have that right.

"hello" that's the best calm voice I bring out of my throat.

Pause. A goddamn thirty second long pause. This is not acceptable, I just can't.

"who is this?' he almost made me jump with the suddenness.

Okay. I need to be professional. This is my job. Its important, a lot more than him.

"I am calling from the event managing department of slate and crystal events, may I speak to mr drake aquilla?" I was so close to shouting at him and cursing him for the torture he gave me for three years and even now.

"oh.. speaking." Wow. He didn't even recognize me. yet another point to my long list of points to prove he never even loved me.

Breath. You can't shout at him. He is the special event planner. Clients choice.

"good morning mr drake aquilla. I hope you are free?"

"yes, I am."

"our company would like to have meeting with you in person as soon as possible, so that we could have further discussion on the project." Where on earth is my pressure ball.

"oh yes. Mr Samuel had mentioned about that." Who the hell is Samuel. Oh our client. Where is my pressure ball "actually I am in las vegas and won't be back until this Sunday, so could we fix the meeting for Monday?"

"sure. Is Monday 11:00 am fine?"

"totally. Uhm.. I didn't quite catch your name?" code red. This conversation needs to end. I moved the receiver far away from my mouth

"oh.. mr drake I don't. quite hear you. Sorry we are having network.issues.kindly contact veronica bailey for further details. We would mail you soon.. sorry for the inconvenience." I hope this works.

"uh okay." Sure it didn't work, his voice clearly indicated that I sounded weird.

"thank you." I slammed the receiver down and drank the whole bottle of water.

I hate you. I screamed into my hand. I hate you so much

Maybe I will leave the country before Monday. Or maybe I will fall unconscious before the meeting. Or better I take leave on Monday.

No way. Veronica won't give me a leave for my own funeral.

Suffer. Suffer till the end of the time. three more days and my doom date arrives. Where the hell is my pressure ball.