CHAPTER 39

Avoiding drake was not a problem till the time we had office. I would wake up early get ready and leave early. He would come at his regular time. He left office before me. And most days I would come home to him sleeping on the couch with the tv turned on. It actually felt nice to see someone in the house when you get back home. But it's even more nice to see drake getting some sleep. Because I am sure he never gets proper sleep at night. Most of the days I would be woken up at random hours by the sound of the coffee maker. I never interfered though. I didn't want to patronise him more than this.
As of talking, I hardly spoke a word at home. He did try to start a conversation but I think even he got tiered of trying. Now he doesn't speak either. Our house is now the icon of silence. And my 'rules' actually helps us to stay away from each other.

And just like that my birthday went by in silence. I did go out with Sam and lucus but more than that I was in no mood to celebrate. I missed my family. I missed Lucy. I missed drake. Speaking of drake he didn't wish me, which I really don't mind. I didn't want to have any small talk. By evening I was feeling really sad so I baked a cake all by myself and cut a big piece from the cake and placed it in front of drake. He did look a bit confused but then he smiled and wished me in such a small voice that I almost didn't hear it.

But all these were not even problems considering the present situation. It's been a week since we have begun work from home. And every other minute I would just bump into drake.
Since I had no one to talk to at house my mouth just seemed dry all the time. I am just tired. I am tried of everything.

Drake had been sleeping since morning. And that too on the couch. One day he is going to get a neck sprain. But seriously, this seemed better I could hear his gentle sleeping sound. I sat down by the table and watched him for a long time, not before he woke up with a scream. I almost jumped at the sound spilling some coffee on the table. He sat up straight staring straight his eyes wide open.
"Drake? " He didn't answer, he didn't move. I walked upto the couch and touched his shoulder gently. He blinked his eyes and looked at me.
"What happened? Are you okay? Wait I will get you a glass of water. " I turned around but he stoped me.
"No I am fine. It's... Just a dream. I am fine. " He got up and walked to his room and slamed the door shut.
I talked to Thomas about it but he said it was okay and that he would talk to drake about it.
I wonder what he dreams about.