CHAPTER 38

it felt weird to see drake in my house when I woke up. Last night was a mess. I just remember driving back home and showing drake his room. I slept, in three days I actually got sleep. But I don't think I can say the same about drake. He looked as tiered as any other day. He was sitting on the couch staring at the black screen of the tv. That's how I saw him.
"I couldn't brief you about the rule of the house. " I sat down on the coffee table opposite him.
"You didn't tell me you were bringing me into a prison. " I see he is pissed. And I had expected that, after yesterday he would be angry.
" We are to leave in one house like two seperate house. I don't come in your way you don't come in mine. Night 9 to 10 is my tv time you could choose any other time. I use the kitchen from 6-7 in the morning and 8-9 in the evening. "
He rubbed his eyes. He is really annoyed. " So why are we here together? " He moves his hands between us "are you leaving or am I"
That's the classic 'annoyed drake'.
"I am leaving" And I got up and stopped mid way "and, you don't walk around half naked. Wear your shirt if you are not in your room. "
"Can you imagine how much I hate you right now? You bought me here and now all this... "
That's the first time I heard him say hate and my name in a single sentence. It kind of hurts. I don't know why.
"It's better for us like this. Not too far not too close. " With that I went into the kitchen, I have a long six months.

I was about to leave for work when drake came out of his room with just a towel covering him. Wow. What a start.
"There is nothing in that bathroom. I need things for my daily use. I don't have a toothpaste, comb... "
"You can use my room for today. Just today. When you come home today remember to buy those things."
"Thanks"

"You know I almost called the cops. I thought someone kidnapped you. " Drake was one whole hour late for work.
"Why did you think so? " I didn't bother to look up from my work. All I could remember was his look this morning. It's been three years I saw him like this. Stop zahira.
"We work at the same place. I thought we would be coming together. " He sat down in his chair switching on his computer.
"And again why did you think so? " This time I looked up to face him.
"Oh.... Oh ya I get it. Just another not so subtle way to tell me that house and the person in it should mean nothing to me."
"Listen drake. I don't have time for this. "
"Exactly. That's the point you missed then and even now. You don't have time. You never had time for me. "
I closed my eyes tight as if that would somehow stop all those memories. I sat at my desk and didn't say a word. That's the best way I could have ended the conversation.