CHAPTER 34

Next day I entered the office to see people all around looking at the far end of the office. And then all of a sudden, the piercing sound of the fire alarm hit my ears, I turned around to run for my life but then I saw no one was moving, everyone stood right there.

Someone tapped my shoulder it was Sam in his crisp office shirt.

"dont panic. That alarm has gone crazy, it just keep buzzing every now then since morning. They are repairing it." He stood next to me crossing his hands on his chest.

"thank god. I don't want to die in this stupid office."

People slowly started going back to their work. When I reached my room drake was still standing by door looking at the fire alarm. I waved my hands in front of him "drake" he titled his head to look at me "move." He stepped aside.

"drake I had mailed you the details of the food catering. Did you see it?" Silence. I looked back. He was still standing at the door. "drake." He turned around. His eyes was not focused it seemed cloudy and all of a sudden he collapsed onto the floor. I ran to the door. He was not unconscious he just held my hands and laid his head on my shoulder everyone had come running by now.

"drake, what happened, get up." I tried to straighten him up when the fire alarm starting buzzing and drake let out a loud shriek "FUCKING STOP THAT!!!"

I covered his ears with my hand "its okay. its okay drake. We will go to the doctor." He was almost unconscious by now. People started lifting him up. Sam assured that he would see him to the hospital and that I should stay back in the absence of both drake and veronica.

Sam came back by noon and assured that he was okay.

"doctor says he is just week. Not having proper food." He sat down on the other side of the desk.

I held my chest and let out a breath of relief he scared me.

I didn't think of drake for the rest of the day, now that I know he was fine. But just as I was leaving, I got a call from Thomas.

"Zahira." He called out hurriedly.

"yes Thomas. What happened?" I held my phone pressed against my ears with my shoulders as I tried to find my wallet.

"could you just come to the hospital?" Thomas worked as a physiatrist in a big hospital. When I say big, I mean BIG.

"what happened Thomas?" I stopped my search and properly focused on the call.

"wanted to talk to you. Can you reach here by 7?"

"fine. But tell me atleast---"

"see you then." He hung up. I held up my wallet and muttered as I left the office for hospital.

It was already getting dark when I reached the hospital. I stood in front of the room with Thomas's name written in big bold letter. I was already tired from a days work and now I was supposed to spend the rest of the time in a hospital wow.

I rang Thomas just to make sure that I would be allowed to enter. He asked me to come in.

Thomas looked tired and in real need of a sleep. He smiled as I entered and motioned to the chair.

I sat down with a grunt "what is it Thomas? You wouldn't tell me and called me urgently. What is it?"

He took of his glasses and set it on the table carefully and came forward a bit and slowly said

"drake is here."

"eh?" I just get all Indian when I am super confused.

"he was brough here, this morning. You know right? People from your office brought him."