CHAPTER 42

It is pitch black outside and I could hear noise from the kitchen. I looked at my phone five past one. What the hell is this man doing in the kitchen?
"Drake? " He almost dropped the cup in his hand.
"God you scared me. " I sat across him.
"Why are you drinking coffee at this hour? Already you are not getting sleep and you are driving way the remaining with that coffee. "
"Anyway I am not getting any sleep, so why not drink something. "
"Drake, can I ask you something? "
"Yeah"
"What keeps you awake? " He stopped stirring his coffee and looked at me and smiled.
"Many things. Dreams, thoughts, happiness sadness. Everything. " He went back to stirring his coffee.
"Why do you sit outside your room with a very scary expression everyday? "
He crosses his hands on the table and smiled a little "and why are you stalking me every night? And to answer your question I don't know what else to do. I didn't want to wake you up, like today, and I don't want to go inside the room because it's get too closed and heavy and.... Well bad. " He took a sip from the mug.
"Well then" I got up "let's go out"
He turned his phone to me flashed the screen into my face "it's 1:30 miss. You better go to sleep. Sorry for waking... "
"Now I am awake and I don't want to sleep. Let's go for a drive. Come"
"Why are you so fucking stubborn. " He got up from his chair and took the car keys.
"Why are you so fucking lazy. Can I drive? "
"Sure you are not sleepy? "
"Yay."
I don't exactly know where I was driving to. I took every turn in the road until I saw a lake, glowing in the moon light. I pulled to a stop.
"Where exactly are we? " Drake asked stretching his hands.
"Uhm well seriously no idea. " I got out and looked around. Vast land with nothing but a lake at some distance.
"Great. " I turned around and saw him lying on the car bonnet looking skyward. I had to fight the urge to climb up next to him and look at the same stars he was looking. At that moment I missed him. A lot. It hurts somewhere in my chest. It hurts to realize that I could no longer rest my head on his chest and just sleep without worrying.
I opened the passager seat door and sat at the edge and said "I expect a thanks. "
"Keep expecting. "
"Fuck off. "
"Why don't you fuck off. " He is smiling too. I took out my ear buds he took out his headphones and then we didn't bother each other. My heart felt happy to be out in the middle of the night with music Blasting in my ear. I turned to look at drake through the front glass he is asleep I guess.

My body was half inside and half outside the car. I woke up and the first thing I saw was drake standing right in front of me his back facing me.
"Wow. Blessed to see you ass the first thing in the morning. " He turned around and smiled at me.
"And I am blessed to wake up to your snore. I am going to the lake. " And off he went.
Seriously speaking this is a great way to wake up. We need to go back soon we have that wedding to go to, today evening. But till then lets just sit here in the morning sun and gentle breeze and a view of happy drake. His happiness is infectious.