H A R T

"Nate?" My voice came out as a mere whisper, you could practically hear the worry behind his name

"Relax, Genevieve." He says my name extra loud making sure everyone hears my name which gave me the impression that my biological father must be in the crowd.

Nathaniel grabbed my wrist pulling me as he walked toward the stage, I heard the crowd start whispering very quietly.

"That's Nathaniel Salazar."

"Isn't that Carter Salazar's oldest?"

"Who's the girl with him?"

I tried my best to ignore the whispers and focus on panicking feeling that is filling inside of me. Once we stepped on to the stage Jennifer quickly sprinted over to us with a confused face.

"What the fuck are-"

"Stay out of this Jenny, this is between your father and I." He snaps at her with a rough tone, her mom carefully pulled her back next to her, shielding her from Nate.

Nathaniel pulled me roughly in front of the edge of the stage where everyone stared at me, with his free hand he yanks my hair back from my face not too roughly but just enough that everyone could see my face, I shivered under his cold touch.

I glared at the crowd, scanning over everyone causally. My eyes stopped when I met familiar green ones, same tone of green as mine. This man's eyes squinted as he studied every curve of my face, I tried wiggling out of Nathaniel's grasp but he wasn't letting go.

"I think she looks a lot like a Hart." Nathaniel flashes his white teeth while laughing, his laugh was dark and cold.

My stomach was doing flips as I stared at the man standing in the crowd, the man who had the same eye color as me, the same hair color down to the same nose shape. Nathaniel still had a handful of my hair allowing Jennifer's dad to get a good look at me.

"You seem pretty speechless, Ryan." Nathaniel chuckles. That's his name, the man who abandoned me all those years ago.

Jennifer's my sister

"Let her go or I swear to god I wi-" Ryan tried saying before he was cut off by the sound of a gun cocking.

"I'll kill her." Nathaniel threaten with his gun to my head, I gulped nervously. "It would be pretty damn tragic if she ended up like your sister, don't you think?"

Bodyguards were walking closer to us, Jennifer's dad immediately called them off with the flick of his wrist. Nathaniel lowered his gun with a small smile, he pulls me back from the stage and forces me to stand right next to him.