D E M I S E

My eyes fluttered open for some strange reason, my room was pitch black like it always is at night

      My eyes fluttered open for some strange reason, my room was pitch black like it always is at night. Shivers crawled up my back spreading across my chest, my body felt uneasy. I tried my best to go back to sleep but it was impossible, something wasn't right. I thought it was maybe because of everything that happened yesterday but it's something else.

A hand stroked my back, my heart dropped. My shoulders became tensed when the hand traveled near my breast. It didn't feel like a familiar hand, my eyes slowly glanced down and saw a glove hand exploring my body. I inhaled before carefully turning around to face this person, a bunny mask covered in blood entered my view.

This is the part where you scream, I told myself.

I listened to myself this time, I stared at this mask before screaming on the top of my lungs. This person immediately stood up, they tilted their head while staring at me. Blood dripped down this person's body to the floor, their hand reached out and touched my cheek. My lungs stopped working when their hand got closer to my face, unrecognizable words formed inside my mouth.

"Who are you?" My voice cracked, I finally made out a sentence.

"Your demise." I couldn't recognize the voice, it sounded like a man's voice but I wasn't sure.

That means death

I heard heavy footsteps making their way closer to my door meaning someone was coming to rescue me. A liquid substance was thrown on me, coating my entire body. I didn't waste anytime to stand up and rush over to the door, I tried prying my door open but it was sealed shut. I started banging on the door trying to get as far away as possible, tears filled my eyes in pure fear.

"Open the door, Genevieve." I heard Nate shout from the other side of the door, he was trying to break in as well.

"I c-can't." My voice stuttered. "T-there's someone in here." I cried while hitting the door even harder, my whole body focused on trying to get myself out of this room.

I turned around slightly just to make sure this invader wasn't sneaking up on me with a knife, the person in the mask was standing right behind me just observing my fear. I could have sworn that this person laughed at my terrified state, that made me start kicking the door.

"Nate, please I'm scared." I shouted with tears flooding my eyes, all you could hear was our two voices screaming and our fist pounding on the door.

"I'm scared." I repeated, it was more for myself to hear.

"Hold on, baby. I'm getting you out of there." He shouts, I could hear him moving around on the other side.