C A S U A L T Y

This morning felt different then all the other mornings, maybe because last night I was almost murdered by a stranger wearing a bunny mask

This morning felt different then all the other mornings, maybe because last night I was almost murdered by a stranger wearing a bunny mask. The worse part is that I'm not even thinking about that but instead what happened between Nathaniel and I. His words did get to me, I do have admit he has a tendency to strike deep nerves.

I turned to face Teagan, she was sleeping of course but it just gave me a sense of comfort watching her and making sure she's safe.

"You're such a creep." Teagan mumbles with her eyes still close, she pulled the blanket closer to her chin.

"Just making sure you're breathing." I said with a serious tone.

Her eyes fluttered open, and concerns filled them.

"You okay?" She asked.

I thought about her question, I've never witnessed anything like this before. Was I really okay?

"I think, I don't know. I thought I was going to die yesterday." I whispered and stared at her with no sort of expression.

She nodded her head, her hand stroked my hair trying to calm me down which did work a little but not as much as it did before, now it just feels like a life or death situation everyday.

"I hope that fucking assholes pillow is warm on both sides." Teagan says.

I laughed, she always has the most weirdest comebacks and I love her for it. We've always had each other's back, it was pretty normal by now to protect each other.

I recall this one time, I was always scared to carry pepper spray around with me out of fear of maybe spraying myself on accident so Teagan did it for us, we had to because working at a strip club there was always dangerous pricks around.

I remember when she tried to spray some dirty guy for smacking my ass and accidentally sprayed herself. We spent the night at the hospital but she did manage to scare the guy off, and she had to get milk tossed on her afterwards.

"Remember when you sprayed yourself with pepper spray." I told her, my laughter didn't stop but instead got louder.

Teagan starts howling with laughter, she turns on her back while holding her stomach from laughing so hard.

"I literally lost eyesight for two whole days." She says between laughs. "That fucker never came back to the club either."

We both continued to laugh while holding our stomachs, it was nice that after all of this we were still able to laugh together. We were enjoying this small moment of bliss till we heard shouting from downstairs, we both stared at each other with fear.

"I swear if we see another mother fucker in a mask-" Teagan trails off.

We both jumped out of bed and rushed downstairs, my hair was tangled and hovered around the curves of my face. When we got down the stairs we noticed the broken glass shattered across the floor, that's when we spotted from afar Nathaniel and Jennifer pointing their guns at each other.