D O N ' T B L A M E M E

My mind was driving me crazy, being in this house is making me crazy

      My mind was driving me crazy, being in this house is making me crazy. It was the next day now and all I could think about was what I told him, I didn't have to be so harsh but he wanted me to be honest. God, it's so boring here that I'm getting trapped with my dangerous thoughts. Someone knocks on my door, it must be one of the housekeepers. I wrapped my blanket around me, it's freezing in this house.

I opened the door and to my surprise, there was a tall, blonde guy standing in front of me. Donovan smirks when he sees me, my frown disappears and a smile appears on my lips.

"A fucking bakery." He smirks.

I dropped the blanket and tackled him with a hug, his arms immediately wrapped around my back. He lifts me off the ground squeezing me tightly against his chest, my arms wrapped around the back of his neck. I laughed at his comment, he was being sarcastic.

"I'm sorry about your sister." I said.

He sets me back on the ground, he sends me a sad smile. "It's not your fault." He says, clearly.

"I feel like it is." I whispered, he shakes his head.

"Nastassia would've been taken either way." He tells me, trying to make me feel a little bit better but it didn't work.

I stepped aside so he could walk inside my room but he didn't, my brow cocked up at his nervous fidgeting. "Is something wrong?" I asked.

He scratched the corner of his forehead before clearing his throat, what did he do? "Not necessarily but I do need your help with something downstairs."

I gave him a strange look before nodding my head, he seemed stressed and relieved all at once. He exhaled deeply before walking back into the hallway, I followed closely behind him. I know that I'm safe with Donovan because I trust him but he seemed way too off, something's up or should I say, someone. We walked inside the basement, it was so dark that I couldn't see anything till he flipped on the switch revealing a woman tied to the post in the middle with a cart of knives sitting next to her.

She had some sort of cloth thing above her mouth preventing her from speaking, her face was completely damped with tears and blood.

"Jesus, Donovan." I exhaled quietly and walked closer to the woman trying to pry the rope off her hands. "We're not doing this." I told him.

"Trust me, you'll want to." He says from behind, he tied this rope well. The woman was whimpering in pain from her wounds, she was trying to pull away from the post as I tried to untie it.

"No, come on. Help me untie her." I said.

I looked at the woman, she wasn't young nor old. I'm assuming early 30s, her blonde hair was practically yellow with some grey strings.

"Her name is Beth Vinson." He says from behind me, his voice coming out dry and unemotional. "And she's Benjamin's sister."

My hand completely stopped, my eyes slowly left her hands and trailed up to her face. All that concern left my body in an instant, and hatred filled me. She's the reason why Nathaniel has scars covering his entire body, this is why he has nightmares, and she's the reason why he lost his innocence. I harshly yanked the cloth off her mouth, she exercises her jaw by opening it and closing it repeatedly.