O H B R O T H E R

It was late afternoon, I could tell by the bright light peeking through the crack of my window

It was late afternoon, I could tell by the bright light peeking through the crack of my window. I felt the hangover almost immediately, my hands grabbed both sides of my head. My head felt like it was swimming in a bucket of acid, I reached over to the nightstand to grab my cup of water. I pushed the blanket off of me while standing up, I had to place my hands out to try and balance myself.

Never drinking again

I needed bread or some form of food in my system, I pulled my hood over my head. My legs sloppily dragged against the floor, all the windows were open causing my eyes to squint.

I stalked over to the fridge not paying attention to anything else, the only thing I had in mind is food. I pulled out some butter and grabbed the loaf of bread from the pantry. While spreading the butter across my toasted slice of bread I heard footsteps trailing behind me, I thought it might've been Tegan but to my surprise it was the man who held a gun to my head the other night.

"Good afternoon." He whispers.

I didn't reply, I couldn't make out words for some reason.

"This morning I searched up the percentage of how many people are forgiven within the following days." He says, randomly. "It said 52 percent of the population has forgiven others while the other 42 percent has not."

His words were jumbling together, he wasn't making sense from my point of view.

"Please tell me you're part of the 52 percent."

I watched him carefully, my brain wasn't buying it but everything else was.

"I meant what I said last night, I can't forgive, not this time." I whispered, lowly. "So please, just stop."

This wasn't easy, and he wasn't making it any easier for me. My body and brain are both exhausted of trying to build something between us, he kidnapped me to kill my bio dad, how did I think this was ever going to work out?

"I'm not well in the head but you make me want to get help, you make me want to change." He says while taking steps closer to me, his eyes were serious and filled with emotion.

"That's not good enough." I said.

"You want to know the truth, why I took my anger out on you?" He mumbles.

The truth? I didn't understand what he meant by that, there was more to the story then him being upset that I wasn't eating.

"I met up with her that day, it brought back painful memories." His voice cracks loudly enough to where it calls my attention, his eyes were saddened when he looked at me.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Benjamin's sister, the women who taught me how to fuck." He says with a flat tone behind his voice.