B A K E R Y

I fell asleep pretty quickly last night, my body was so drained from everything that the second I touched the bed my eyes shut

         I fell asleep pretty quickly last night, my body was so drained from everything that the second I touched the bed my eyes shut. When I woke up this morning I spotted some type of uniform folded on top of the dresser, the letter next to it said to take a shower and get dressed so that's exactly what I did. While braiding my hair I kept thinking about how crazy all of this is, I just don't understand how this guy can act so normal.

I cautiously walked out the door, there was a huge metal staircase which led to a even bigger metal door. I opened the door and the smell of honey and raspberries hit my nose all at once, I spotted the line of people who stared at me strangely. Aziel was walking pass me with a tray of small cakes when he stopped in the middle of his track to look at me, so he actually does own a bakery.

It was beautiful, the walls were painted in a shy orange color with white trims. There was flowers dangling from the ceiling and wooden decor, the lights were dimmed and hung loosely from the corners of the walls.

"Was not expecting this." I mumbled under my breath.

A small smile peeked from his lips, he looked almost surprise to see me up and moving around.

"Deedee, can you show her around?" He looks to his left, a young girl appeared out of thin air with a huge smile on her lips.

"Of course." She chirps.

Aziel glanced back at me, he sends me a subtle nod as he continued to walk pass me to his destination. The young girl started talking to me, I followed right behind her like a lost puppy.

It was awkward at first but after a bit she started to open up to me a bit, I learned a lot from her. I learned that Aziel is actually not a bad guy, he's one of the good guys which surprised me. She told me how she was homeless for a bit till he found her, he gave her a job and a place to stay for a bit, he even helped her get her son back which warmed my heart. I guess all of his employees are very grateful for him, they all spoke so highly of him.

"His wife died of cancer a few years back." Deedee tells me while mixing some blueberries to some cake batter, my hands stopped mixing the flour. "He lost himself for a bit, we were all worried about him but he was able to stand back up on his feet, and he continued to help people."

"Really?" I whispered.

Her voice became a background sound as my head casually peeked over my shoulder, Aziel caught my attention . He was ringing up a older lady, his smile was so huge as the lady continued to talk about her homemade lemon cakes, he didn't care if she was trying to one up his bakery, he was still being sweet to her. While he handed her the small box of carrot cake, his eyes landed on mine. This man was too good for his own good, if that makes any sense. We stared at each other for a couple seconds longer, I ripped my eyes off of his and focused back on making the blueberry cake.

"Did you hear anything I said?" Deedee asked with a blank look.

"Sorry, I was-"

"Wait till you make pumpkin cupcakes, it's so much fun." She laughs and yanks me by my arm, I quietly laughed at how quick the subject changed.