~°thirteen°~

"Good afternoon, is anyone here? This is the police!"

Jimin smirked at me as he pulled away, giving me a small smile as my eyes widened at the sudden voice.

Police?

Am I finally gonna be rescued from these weirdos?

Jimin sighs before looking behind himself, staring at the figure who just passed by him whilst the smile was still on his face.

"Good afternoon, we're here! You two, please wait backstage, please?" Seokjin replied as he passed by, sending me a very innocent smile, and Jimin nods before taking my arm, pulling me with him towards the backstage.

THIRD PERSON POV

As Seokjin opened the tent, he stared at the police officer infront of him, and gave him a grin.

The young man was probably new. He was young and had red-colored hair and was wearing a coat with a turleneck.

"Good Afternoon, what brings you here? We don't show today. We only show on Fridays and Mondays," Seokjin smiles and the man infront of him clears his throat before opening his mouth.

"I'm Kang Taehyun! I'm a rookie detective and I'm here to ask you a few questions regarding our case today!" The man replied and Seokjin nodded before gesturing the man inside.

"Alright, you can come inside. And we'll have a chat," he beamed and Taehyun nodded before walking inside.

After Seokjin closed the closed the tent, he made Taehyun sit on a chair infront of each other before they continued.

"I want to ask if you know a man named Park Jimin, a man who escaped the mental institute this week. We found out his workplace was here, have you seen him here recently?" Taehyun asked and Seokjin narrowed his eyes as he bit his bottom lip.

"As the head of this carnival, I would say that shouldn't it be your job to investigate all that? Seems a bit off to me," Seokjin said as he stared at the man, and the man only looked down before nodding.

"It is, sir. But we need to gather information from the people around the suspect so we could investigate more. So please cooperate," Taehyun replied and Seokjin nodded.

"I see. Well, it's a shame I can't help you. The man didn't come to work since last month, I couldn't really find what he's up to since it's his personal life," Seokjin replied and Taehyun nodded as he wrote it down.

"Well, Mr. Kim, I would like to also ask you a few questions, like his behavior, or his attitude towards his co-workers?" Taehyun asked.

"Are you saying I don't have a good eye on my workers? Well, to tell you the truth, Park Jimin worked as a ringmaster and performer. He was a great addition, and he didn't even cause problems," Seokjin replied and Taehyun nodded.

"But... it does seem kinda impossible that you wouldn't know your employee's whereabouts especially when he's working to earn a living. You must be honest with me, Mr. Kim, this is for the better," Taehyun said.

"And I said it was his personal life. I don't care if he even picks a fight with others as long as he works for me, you know?" Seokjin replied.

"Or, you could check some here yourself. Like some clues to confirm. I also remembered him giving something to me and he has numerous things here. You should be able to find something," he said and Taehyun hummed a bit.

"Sure. Thank you sir, I will be able to find something and be useful to my other friends," Taehyun smiled as they both stood up.

In the backstage, Yeonhae and Jimin were busy listening in. He let go of her arm and Yeonhae started giving heavy exhales and breaths as he looked around.

YEONHAE POV

Now is your chance Yeonhae.

You gotta scream or something, something that would grab the officer's attention.

You gotta do this or you won't live at all.

"If you're gonna scream, don't bother. You'll die anyway, just saying," Jimin said as he looked my way, making me swallow the lump in my throat.

"By any means, I'll slit your throat and you won't be able to say a word until we finally kill you off I guess, just saying for the second time," he shrugged before turning his back at me.

Why did Seokjin even say this man was sane.

THIRD PERSON POV

Seokjin continued to escort the man towards the backstage, making Taehyun follow him as they walked through the empty halls.

"I'm sorry if this is a bit scary, we haven't really cleaned the place since we were busy," Seokjin said as he looked around with Taehyun.

"It's interesting. How long has this circus  been around?" Taehyun asks as he juts down notes in his clipboard, looking around the place.

"It's been here since year 1990. It's a bit old that's why everything looks a bit.. scary," Seokjin smiled before opening a door, leading to a hallway.

"This is where we keep all the employee goods. Surely you'll be able to find something here related to him," Seokjin said before gesturing to it, and Taehyun followed inside.

For Taehyun, as long as he gets to help his partners and gets a good amount of money, he's willing to do anything. Plus, he thinks this man isn't some serial killer.

As Seokjin yawned, walking inside the hallway, he opened a door, making Taehyun look at him due to the creaking sound.

"What's that, sir?" Taehyun asked, and Seokjin smiles before looking at him, his usual, warm, and sweet smile on his face.

"Why don't you check it out for yourself?"

-----
(UNEDITED)

A/N:

Vote or your phone wont charge

Btw yall, the boys featured here is NOTHING compared to the boys in real life. This is only FICTION, pls understand :]