~°five°~

"You...are...

Hired for Flare Carnival."

My eyes widened at the paper, the information still processing like gears churning in my head.

"A carnival? You must be insane! How-what- what kind of work in the carnival?!" I exclaimed at him.

"We decided to add you with one of our performers, you know? Your talents in gymnastics are much more amazing compared to your vocal skills, and many people auditioned for vocals rather than gymnastics," Chan added as he looked at me.

"But Mr. Bang, I can't go to the carnival! That's ridiculous! What if I turn into a stunt performer or something? What if I die?" I asked as I looked at Mr. Bang's face for any sign of concern.

"Look Ms. Ahn, it's either you take it, or leave it. The company picked your picture and put you into the carnival, that's all," Chan replied as he looked at me from head to toe.

"You don't understand Mr. Bang, I don't know if my body could handle a lot of those, tricks," I said as insecurity washed over me, I couldn't really say that I was talented in gymnastics, since I stopped because of finances.

"Don't worry, you'll get atleast two breaks everyday, I know it must be hard trying to do that, so we have it all under control," Mr. Bang spoke before giving me a warm smile.

"What about the audience? What if I they don't like me? What if they.... hate me?" I ask him and he shakes his head slowly before facing me.

"They won't. You have a reason why you were placed there, you just haven't been shined in the spotlight yet, you can do it, there's a reason you've been chosen," he says and I give him a small smile before looking down at my lap.

"So, when do I start my first show?" I ask as I look at Mr. Bang.

"You can start tonight, 7 in the evening."

-

I face the huge sign that blinded my vision. It had neon lights all around it which glowed yellow and it was evident in the dusky sky. The sign was painted red and the text was painted in sky blue so it stood out the most and it stood on top of a small ticket booth.

FLARE CARNIVAL

"Where fun is everywhere."

I sighed softly before walking towards the ticket booth. It had a small chalkboard beside it and there was a window that showed a person sitting there, waiting for a customer.

Entrance Tickets- 10,000 won

"Good evening ma'am, would you like to enter the carnival?" The person sitting in the ticket booth asked as she scanned me from head to toe.

"Oh, I'm working here and I'm new here, I would like to know where the performers go?" I ask as I look at the woman who was chewing her gum. I rummaged inside my bag to locate the ID Mr. Bang Chan gave me and I took it out before giving it to her.

"Oh, you can enter for free, you can enter inside and you can see a huge tent with red and white stripes, that's where you will perform," the woman replied as she observed my ID.

I bowed at her and she nodded back before I pushed the small iron door, walking inside before taking in the different and colorful lights that stood up in the dim sky.

It was already 5 going to 6 in the evening. I figured that I needed practice and know what the plan was before the actual show. And I know that there will be lots of people watching it because of how many people are in the carnival tonight.

There were people walking around, along with their families and friends as they laughed with each other and played some nearby games on the stands to win some prizes. I smiled at the thought of that. Couples were even in the carnival, and they were carrying cotton candy whilst chatting and giggling with each other.

It's been forever since I've been in a carnival.

I smiled to myself as I continued walking towards the tent that was the biggest attraction in the carnival. It was a huge tent with red and white stripes and it was supported by wires so it wouldn't fall over.

I quickened my steps towards the tent. Soon, I walked inside the small opening of the tent and my eyes widened as the atmosphere was much brighter compared to the outside.

The ground was covered in fine sand and there were seats and bleachers like one of those seats you see when watching a sports game. I looked at the huge platform in the middle and behind it was a velvet curtain that must be for the performers to get ready in.

I walked inside before any of the audience could have a seat, and I quickly made my way to the velvet curtain before parting it open, making my way inside.

There were different performers inside, preparing themselves as I made my way inside slowly, careful to not make any noise. There were women who were slipping themselves in similar performance outfits and men were tidying themselves up to make sure they have a good appearance in the show.

My eyes caught a figure that wore a red coat paired with black pants and boots, and I lifted my bag up to my shoulder before walking towards the figure. The outfit the figure wore stood out from the rest and I was thinking they might now what to do.

"Excuse me? Sir?" I asked as I walked towards the person.

The person turned towards me and his eyes widened before his lips curved into a small smile.

"Oh, you must be the new recruit the people have been talking about! Welcome!" He gave me a warm smile and I gave him a smile back as I looked at his attire.

"I'm thinking you might know what I should do before the show starts," I said as I looked at him in the eyes.

"Hm, you do gymnastics, right?" He asks me and I nod.

"Then you'll be the first act of tonight."

-----
(UNEDITED)

A/N:

Vote for faster updates :)

Actually, I didn't update alot because I wanted to have continuous updates for this book! So expect slower updates but I'll try my best to make sure I give updates from time to time :)