~°three°~

I pushed the glass doors open, the tingling and ringing of the bell signalling my arrival. My sight catches the white and dull colors of the hospital, the buzzing of nurses and doctors occupying my vision too.

I walked to the front desk and the nurse whisked her head towards me before raising her brow at me.

I asked her my question and she nodded before giving me her answer.

"Room 517, miss," the nurse spoke before giving me slight nod. I nodded back before turning my heel and walking towards the elevator.

I entered the elevator before pressing the 5th floor button, the elevator closing with a ding.

After a few seconds, the elevator doors opened and I walked out of the elevator, going towards the different rooms the patients were admitted in.

Room 517

I swallowed the lump forming in my throat as my fingertips touched the cold metal of the doorknob, my eyes closing before swinging the door open.

"Yeonhae!" A small voice called out and my eyes landed towards an elderly figure seated at the side.

"Mom!" I replied before throwing my arms around her neck, and she wrapped her arms around my waist before hugging me tightly.

"Where were you? I was worried about you!" She said with furrowed brows and I looked at her before giving her a small smile.

"I... went to get something from the store!" I blurted out, looking at her.

I can't let my mother know about what I did. She'll be furious and she wanted me to focus on my studies.

"You were supposed to be here at 1 in the afternoon, it's already 3," mother spoke.

"Atleast I'm here now, where's father?" I asked her and she nodded before gesturing towards a bed that was by the corner.

I looked at the lump that was facing it's back at us, dressed in patient's gown and a white sheet over it.

"Father?" I called as I slowly approached him, my eyes narrowing at his motionless body that wasn't moving at all.

"The doctor said your father will be getting his second session of therapy tomorrow, he wouldn't talk to me because he wanted to meet you," mom explained and my heart sunk a bit at that.

It's saddening that I haven't talked to my father for the whole week. I've been visiting him once a week yet he's either sleeping or not interested in talking. Yet I've also been attending my classes and finding a stable job to continue paying off the funds of the hospital.

"D-d-daughter?" A weak voice called out and my eyes widened as I approached my dad with a lightened expression.

"Father, are you okay?" I asked him slowly as I sat beside him on the hospital bed, my brows furrowed as I looked at his sickened state.

"F-f-father is sick," dad replied as he looked at me.

"The doctor said the disease in his nerves are spreading to his body and it's making his behaviour change even more," mom said as he sat beside me, looking at her husband.

"We might need to empty out our bank accounts for the treatment," mom sighed as she looked at me.

"If we're gonna empty our bank accounts, I'm just going to find a job," I answered as I looked at my mother.

"Yeonhae, I know it's hard. But you need to finish your studies first, that way you'll be able to give your father more than just money for his hospital bills, me and your father can manage," mom replied.

"But still mom, I don't understand. We've done everything. We even sold our car, and even our house is on sale, I just feel useless when I can't help you and dad," I spoke as I hung my head down low.

"Yeonhae, I already told you, as long as you're still young, I want you to live a happy life, and when you finally reach your success, I know that you will continue to look out for me and your father," mom smiled softly as she placed her hand on mine.

"Thanks mom, I'll make sure to make you both proud," I smiled back at her and she stared at me before patting me on the head.

"How about you go to your apartment and rest? You had a long day today," mom said and I nodded nefore standing up straight.

"Yeah, I'll send some food too for you," I looked at her before smiling at dad.

"Dad, I hope you're getting much better," I told him and he nodded slowly.

"G-g-goodbye, Y-yeonhae," dad spoke and I nodded before giving them both a bow.

"I will be going now, bye!" I said as I waved my hand and my parents waved back at me.

I walked towards the door and twisted the knob open before exiting. I walked towards the elevator and I stopped infront of it.

ENTRANCE ONLY, PLEASE USE THE ELEVATOR AT THE NEXT AISLE.

I silently groaned before walking to the next aisle, which were also surrounded by different rooms with different patients.

My feet suddenly slowed down, my eyes widening as I looked at a door that was far more different from any other patient's door you've seen in this floor.

There was a window, and it was painted in white.

To my curiosity, I wanted to peek what was inside the door and what made it so special from the other doors.

As I poked my head to the window,

There was a young man on the floor, wrapped in a straitjacket.

-----
(UNEDITED)

A/N:

Vote or I will cut your toes.

Anyway, so we are back with an update lolol

I hope everyone enjoys this book!