~°twenty two°~

Heads.

Why heads?

They were all dried up blood. The heads of men, women, and some children nicely lined up in each shelf as I stared at them in utter shock.

"Would you... want to be one of them?" A voice behind me said, and I swiftly looked back at the man behind me, his black and white pupils were now dilated as he stared at me, a psychotic expression on his face.

"Don't be shy. I treat them like trophies. I'm sure if I have yours, I'll cherish it forever and ever," he smiled as he slowly walked behind me, his chest pressed against my back.

"All you have to do, is die," he whispers and my eyes suddenly widened as his hands suddenly groped my neck, blocking air from me as I stumble to the ground from shock and fear, Yoongi choking me as he smiles evilly.

"If you die, I won't give a fuck. You're just a pathetic little bitch anyway," he smirks as he lets go, leaving me on the ground as he makes his way back to the bed with his crutches, and he sits himself down as he looks at me, a very crazy smile on his face.

Then suddenly, he laughed like a crazy maniac. His pupils dilated and he was laughing loudly, looking at me before smirking.

"Don't worry, if you wanna come to bed with me, then don't hesitate. Just be lucky I didn't get to touch you yet," he grinned.

I winced at how his grip almost suffocated me, and the open wounds that were bandaged stinged as I slowly got up, running out of the room and shutting the door, and he didn't even mind.

My heart was racing as I slid down the door, my eyes closing as I recalled all those things he did. And I sighed to myself. Tears staining my eyes as they rolled down my cheeks, I sobbed to myself.

Why? Why me?

Why do I keep getting into these things?

Mom and dad...

What about my life outside?

I can't live like this. I don't want to die.

I have to escape when there's a chance.

Please, anyone please save me.

YEONJUN POV

"Yeonjun, you're crying.... and why?" Taehyun asked as I sniffed, wiping my tears away as I planted my face on the desk, rubbing my eyes as I tried to contain my cries.

"I... just feel sad for those who died, they were just living, and that 17-year old... she was so young," I sobbed as I tried to stop my tears, and Taehyun sighed.

"I'll do anything hyung. Even if I'm just a rookie, I'll do anything I can in my power to avenge for the people that lost their lives," Taehyun said quietly and I shook my head.

"No matter what we do. We're not heroes. I'm not asking for recognition for my deeds. No matter what we do, they'll never come back. When I first wanted this job, all that was in my mind was to save many people. But there are times where we lose some of them, and it makes me upset, " I explained.

"During the death of my first victim, I cried so hard until the next day. That's when I learned, that detectives can only solve a case, but can never solve anyone's lives," I continued and Taehyun sighed.

"Hyung, I didn't know that taking this job was difficult. As your junior, I feel.... like it makes me more motivated," he said.

"In what way?"

"That it doesn't matter if I don't save others, as long as I can save everyone in every possible way, they will live," he said and I smiled.

"That's... a good ideal you have," I replied and Taehyun looked down before taking out a file.