~°forty seven°~

1990

You have the eyes of your mother, and the image of your father.

"Take care of him, will ya?"

SEOKJIN POV

She was beautiful when I first saw her.

Back then, I wasn't in Seoul. But I was part of the Kim clan. The central clan at that. There are many Kims scattered in this place, that is the reason why most Kims cannot have the blood of dark magic. To prevent the dark magic from turning extinct in the blood of Kims, an old member casted a spell amongst the clan, that in once in a hundred years, one Kim will be born with the blood of dark magic.

Because of that, the Kims were often shamed. If they have the last names of Kim, they are automatically addressed as "sick, dirty bastards." It became so bad, that the Kims had to sign a peace treaty and restricted the heirs of any contact with normal people.

Should I say... am I unlucky, or lucky?

"Today is a feast for the central Kim house! Cheers to this era for we have witnessed the Kim to have obtained our founder's blood!" The head of the clan cheered, and everyone danced in a party.

"Seokjin, his name will be Seokjin. The next heir of our clan and the one who will carry on the founder's blood of dark magic!" They said as they cradled me on their arms.

"Whenever someone has inherited dark magic, they shall inherit the title of the El Mariajin, who was once the pen name of the founder!" Someone said.

Starting that very day, no one ever saw me as normal. I was showered with wealth, gold, attention, I was even praised by hundreds of Kims from other connections of clans.

On my 18th birthday, I was finally allowed to walk around this small hic town away from most people. I finally took a step out of the Kim's mansion. I inhaled the fresh air as I stepped outside.

A heir huh...

I walked away to the small grassland. I smiled to myself as I looked down at my hands.

"Yah Maria Park! If you won't come back here I will surely tell your mother and your father that you've ran away again!" A voice yelled.

"Let them know for me, kay?!" She yelled back and my eyes widened as I looked at the figure running towards my direction.

"Maria! Come back!" The voice yelled and I felt the figure running faster.

She was beautiful.

"Over here, you can hide," I said as I grabbed her, and the woman, named Maria was pulled back as she hid behind me.

"Maria?! How could you disappear like that?! Maria Park!"

I hid behind a huge tree, and the woman instinctively pulled herself back as she stared at me.

"Wh-who are you?! You can't just drag me out like that! I almost mistakened you for a bandit!" She said, and I jumped as I looked down at the ground.

"S-sorry, I was taught to always do that when people are in danger. I didn't know it was wrong," I said, and the girl smiled.

"Say, are you one of those filthy Kim family names?" She asked, and I held back as I looked a her.

"H-how do you know?" I replied as I stood there.

"You have your family's emblem on your shirt, which makes you a noble and a very interesting person at the same time, as they say," she said, and I looked at the pin on my collar, and my eyes widened.