╌ 🍥 ꒱꒱✦ chapter 1

".. i love you,"

she said. cindy turned off the vhs.

cindy let out a long sigh, her slender legs sitting on the ground. staring out into space.

she slowly moved her hand towards the vhs player, she clicked the main button to open it. it made a tiny buzzing sound as it came out.

cindy took out the vhs, standing up gradually. dusting off the invisible dust on her pyjamas, cindy made her way to the white storage box she had.

with it in her hand, she slid it inside the box, making it a safe place for the important vhs.

cindy shuffled towards her desk after shoving the storage box somewhere. she was pondering on what to do as her arm hesitantly moved the chair backwards.

sitting down, she sulked in boredom. it was only until tomorrow could she do anything.

her hand had moved towards a book, specifically a math book. she truly radiated math nerd. scouring around for a pen.

she perks up as soon as the pen is in her line of sight in her pencil cup holder. it was on top of one of her mini storage holders. the pencil cup holder shined under the light.

ironic to find a pen in a pencil holder.

cindy reaches out for the pen, her fingers gripping onto the stick like figure. cindy picks it up, swiftly taking it. she opens her math book, flipping onto a page.

she wasn't young per say, she doesn't attend school or anything. cindy just worked at a dead end job as a 20 year old, the calm before the storm. right?

as cindy worked through problems, her phone added a new problem. social interaction.

cindy groaned, i mean, she was really lonely and needed to talk to anyway. otherwise she'd just be stuck doing math problems. not like she doesn't like it anyway.

cindy slumps down to find her phone in her pocket. 'what is the date today, actually?' cindy thought as she pulled out her phone.

the black cover is easily being gripped on by her fingers. cindy's fingers drag over to the notification.

disappointment.

it was a stupid instagram notification that she didn't even need.

it was 2 posts early in the morning, made by her friendly counterpart

right, today is the 16th of may. her birthday is coming up in 5 days. lucky her. cindy sets her phone down as she quickly liked the photos.

it was still early in the morning, cindy decided objectively to return for her made up math work before she was interrupted.

as soon as the pen hit the paper, she immediately started scribbling answers to the problems she wrote.

as time went by, obviously she did other errands too, she waltzed over to her marbled kitchen.

it was pleasing to the eye, with neutral colours complimenting black. marbled to perfection with a light ready to bright up the prettiest of the nights. it was complex yet simple, in other words, beautiful.

cindy's feet padded to the kitchen. since it was already night time, the day already passed as quick as the nights of crying went by. cindy opened her fridge.

the fridge is stocked to the brim with delicious ingredients and leftovers. it was as if cindy's paradise was stored in one place. her hand reaches out for a few ingredients.

cindy opened her drawers and cupboards, preparing a whole meal course. but it's not for herself.

cindy chops up vegetables, fries meat after preparing the meat with immaculate flavours, stirring rice with fried egg. she brought out a lunch box with environmental friendly cutlery. packed with napkins.

cindy delicately put them all together in each section. one filled with fried rice, including eggs and vegetables, meat on the side. cindy places her wrapped cutlery in the napkin neatly.

she slipped in a $20 note under the lunchbox's section, those types you could take out the boxes that seperate each other with walls, and move them around to your own liking.

she did exactly that, taking out the section and placing a $20 note under one of them. like she always did.

cindy slid the lunchbox onto a shelf, somewhere to store the food's heat at least. also because she didn't want to be late tomorrow just because she was making food for someone.

cindy herself was getting hungry. after the sweet aroma of savoury food. she decided that she'd make her dinner right now.

"i'm sure i have leftovers from last night's dinner,"

cindy mumbled to herself as she thoughtfully tapped her fingers one by one, on a marbled counter. she saunters over to the fridge and her hands make her way to a boxed meal with pieces of food were left over.

"i guess this will do," cindy looked down at the black, plastic lidded box. the contents were a half eaten chicken, some dipping sauce that has bits and pieces of crumbs of chicken after being dipped in. a chunk of rice left over, waiting.

as she ate, the silence was the loudest thing she heard, other than a few crunches or munches.

when she finished, she dumped the plastic box into the trash bin. cindy drowsily left to her bed.

cindy basks into the blankets that comfort her every time. the warmth, the feeling of safety. but even so, it sometimes feels empty.

cindy longs for someone to hug her a goodnight sleep.