╌ 🍥 ꒱꒱✦ chapter 44

the day flies by without another second to waste. time makes no haste, it moves on without you whether you like it or not. and cindy learns it the hard way.

the last day before luna park is stomached into her, staring at her blank white ceiling with worried thoughts. how was she going to get along with tima if their first impression was awkward.

she needs some shuteye, it'll do her no good if her eyes puff up the next morning.

moonlight to sunrise, she woke up about two hours before the set time so she needed to get ready within the timeframe and then leave to maybe pick them both up if tima wasn't already doing it? she was sure the girl had a licence.

she should ask to make sure.

cindy did what any human being would do during this time of day which was to wash up. her bathroom smelled fresh with a new citrus scent from the bathroom cleaning products she bought a week ago.

tying her hair in a bun, she looked towards her closet and thought for a moment. it was going to be a little warm outside but there was going to be clouds overhead.

she decided on a striped black and white dress that was at least knee length. there were a couple of buttons on her chest area. she had a white cardigan shrug and white shoes that have seen better days.

if it was going to be too hot, she could take off the cardigan, but if it was too breezy for her liking then she would just put it back on. easy fix.

she took her black purse with her, hanging it over her shoulder and swiping some stray hairs away. she turned to the mirror and posed in different angles, making sure there weren't any noticeable stains or wrinkles.

might as well fancy some lip gloss or eyeliner, she was going to be confident in herself today! she's not going out looking like whatever she woke up as today.

cindy slid some pink lip gloss that kept her hydrated and used her favourite eyeliner (which always seemed to be sold out) to make a simple line that would make her eye pop out a little more. a little goes a long way.

ding!

her blue phone vibrated on the desk, she grasped onto it and it read that it was currently around 11:28 am.

nora: timas going to pick us up!! unless you want to? cuz we dont mind

oh, so she was going to be the one getting picked up. cindy didn't mind she supposed. replying with a quick "Yeah, that's fine,"

nora: now give us ur address 😈

she typed up her address and quickly set her phone inside the purse. spinning around one last time, she called out to thais (who was busy practicing in her own room) to take care of the house and lock the doors and whatnot.

at the front door on the risen platform, she slipped in her tight shoes and tightened her white dirtied laces. it had been a couple of minutes so she brought a bag on dried cranberries to pass the time, she didn't bother with breakfast.

she just hoped the other two didn't either so they could all go out and eat together. it would be sort of awkward if only cindy ate as they watched. she shuddered at the thought.

a car honked in the background of her thoughts and she snapped herself out of the lingering afterthoughts. she saw a shiny grey car and definitely knew there were familiar faces there.

cindy waddled her way to the car, feeling the summer heat buzz right onto the back of her legs as she walked and it was extremely uncomfortable. opening the back of the car, she didn't expect to see nora sitting at the back too.

"don't you prefer sitting at the fro- YOUR HAIR!" before she even looked up, she saw strands of curly dark crimson hair and a face that belonged to the one of the people who invaded her mind 24/7.

"so how do i look? sexy? refreshing?" nora played around with the twirls on her hair, a rosy blush around her cheeks that cindy couldn't miss.

"you look really good actually," cindy agreed, shutting the car door with a jokey smile. she locked in the car seatbelt and greeted tima who was sitting at the front.

"i wanted to be at the back because i hadn't seen you in a while," nora justified,

"yeah she kept on insisting so, i let her," tima butted in. cindy nodded thoughtfully.

"where do you guys want to eat first?" tima asked, turning her head around as she eyed the other two.

"ahh, i'm kind of craving pho right now," cindy rubbed her stomach as she imagined the food right in front of her.

"is that like halal?" nora asked, making sure that the food would be consumable and also tima had particular allergies they needed to be careful of.

"oh shit, right right. why don't you guys suggest something? i can literally eat anything right now," cindy handed the authority to the both of them, they needed a meal that could satisfy them all.

"honestly, we could probably find a good place at the city? like, i don't really have anything in mind unless tima wants to say something?" nora replied first, shifting the responsibility to tima.

"oh no, its fine! as long as the options are gluten free, we are going to have a great time!" tima exclaimed, she explained her allergy to cindy who was unaware and cindy had made a mental note on that.

while doing so, cindy never realised how blue and green tima's eyes really were. she felt that it bore into her eyes with such a dominant colour of green.

"ohh my gosh cindy, remember in high school? when we would play volleyball together with everyone else?? i know it's such a random thought but why don't we all go together sometime to play again?! with the three of us of course!"

tima started the car, keenly listening as her eyes went back and forth from the front of the window to the back mirror and watching nora through it.

"yeah i seriously need to get fit again," cindy sighed out, remembering her lost new year's resolution about working out this year or something close to it (as if she even cared once about new year's resolution but listen).

"it'll be so fun! didn't you play volleyball for haikyuu, tima?" nora remembered once again, she wanted to make sure everyone had some common ground with each other.

"oh my goddd, please don't ever remind me again," tima complained, pulling out of the parking spot.

"you were into haikyuu?! that one popular anime back in like 2020 or something?" cindy perked up, reminiscing her high school years. she certainly knew that a couple of her friends went through that particular phase.

"ughh icky, i was so embarrassing in year 7," the green-eyed cried out,

"bro we don't even associate year 7 with me, like she is a different breed entirely," cindy said, exaggerating the hashtag sign with her fingers.

"right i was literally so unattractive back then," nora added on, their conversation flowed smoothly as the car rode out onto the rocky road. warming up to each other and cindy realised,

that there was nothing to worry about,

worry about.

about.