╌ 🍥 ꒱꒱✦ chapter 13

the person who was running the vr game for cindy and thais soon announced that a team has finally joined.

cindy and thais nodded at this and soon, they were able to play and were standing in corners inside the game.

it was like they were on top of a castle and they were each in a tower in the corner. thais and cindy loaded their guns and started attacking the opposing tower.

tima and nora fired back as they tried dodging or moving around their tower. it wasn't as fun as they thought it would be but they still tried anyway.

thais and cindy were laughing as they dodged the gunshots, but still, they got hit a few times.

nora and tima were manoeuvring around the gun shots, smiling faintly as they pranced around just to shoot the other team.

there wasn't much to it so time went by a bit quicker. once the game ended, they all took off their headsets.

cindy once again was hit with the element of surprise, seeing nora and tima once again. right in front her eyes too.

what is this? fate? the gods decided itd be such a great idea to play around.

the staff ushered them out because there was apparently a line waiting. cindy and nora faced each other outside the vr section.

"i didn't expect to see you here.." cindy trailed off as her eyes falter, looking at her new friend. cindy did not want to poke around about nora's friends.

"me neither.. um, this is my friend.." nora's hand glided towards tima, patting her shoulder. "tima, this is cindy," her hand motions towards cindy.

"and cindy, this is tima," nora said awkwardly. thais stood there confused at the interaction, feeling timid.

"uhh.. this is thais.." cindy wrapped her arm around thais' shoulder, "i met her out of town!" cindy covered for thais.

nora awkwardly smiled before she lifted her hand, outstretched towards thais. offering a hand shake which thais simply accepted.

the awkward tension grew and tima was the first to break it, "it was lovely to meet you cindy!" tima was delighted to meet one of nora's friends.

her eyes gleamed with excitement, "you too thais!"

cindy just smiled in return, thais was still very reserved so she just kept it as a small smile as well. tima easily made a conversation with nora about the next game they should go to.

which cindy and thais stood there, not knowing what to do honestly. "you know, we should probably get going.." cindy tried to pull themselves out of nora and tima's bubble.

"oh sorry to keep you there, i guess we'll see you later!" tima waved off with the same happy glint in her eye.

'she is very chirpy, interesting' cindy thought as her and thais walked to a claw machine. "which claw machine do you wanna try?" cindy asked as thais looked at all of them.

thais pointed at a claw machine cute plush toys like a yellow duck, rabbit, a brown bear. 'they all look so familiar..' cindy was intrigued.

"don't they look like the plush from line friends?" cindy asked herself but thais ended up shrugging. "alright let's hope this isn't a scam.." cindy muttered.

thais chuckled, moving the joystick skilfully before she landed on a cute brown bear. "reminds me of caca.." thais eyed the brown bear.

cindy just started laughing, "let's not have our hopes up too much shall we?" cindy commented. thais scoffed, "i'm gonna do what's called a pro gamer move."

thais' index finger hangs in the air, right above the illuminating red button which is what changes your luck. "come on!!" cindy bounced, anticipating for the plush.

thais' index finger was a slow motion scene from a movie, cindy's eyes slowly focused right onto the button and the finger. the space was threatening thais to go for it.

thais pressed the button and cindy's eyes switched to look at the claw, moving down slowly to grab what thais wanted. cindy stood there, everything was slow motion to her.

(moana flashbacks to her singing 'i know who you are' as she walks slowly).