╌ 🍥 ꒱꒱✦ chapter 26

the 2 days went rather quickly like a rainy day passing by. not much has happened except for a few preparations for thais' upcoming debut on the streets.

thais was ready to hop on the streets with her new shirt that arrived in the mail yesterday, the hellfire club. she apparently liked this new show or something that cindy can't be bothered to figure out herself.

she woke up the next day needing to piss, she hydrated a lot yesterday even though she almost never does. her covers were thrown off as she rushed to the bathroom.

she does her daily little things that make her feel more confident in herself. today is the day nora and her have their little hangout. she's feeling the bundle of nerves tingle and jump around in her body.

she closes the bathroom door and sees thais standing near the doorway of her own bedroom, a cheap guitar in her hand and cindy's old speakers. thais smiles as she looks at her guitar and back at cindy.

"hi cindy, i know i said i would wait for a while for this particular day but i finalised all my lyrics!" thais wavered around the crumpled lyrics in her pocket as cindy was flabbergasted.

thais placed it back in her pocket as cindy just nodded, closing the bathroom door.

"why don't we eat breakfast first before you start busking down the streets of livelihood?" cindy offered as she swirled dramatically across the kitchen floor.

thais sheepishly laughed as she trudges slowly back into her room, the clanks and clumbers can be heard across the hallway into cindy's eardrums. thais slipped out of her room with ease.

"alright! let's do some animal pancakes, i've been wanting to try this out ever since youtube recommended me this," cindy flipped her spatula coolly before it almost dropped to the ground.

surprisingly her bracelet caught it. it was a friendship bracelet. she was wondering how her faithful friends were doing, she looked at it as it reflected her face back.

the other 2 who had the same type of bracelet but with different colours were lucy and belinda.

she was still in contact with them yes, but they were quite busy doing their own things just like her. she knew that belinda had magically became a therapist, somehow.

cindy snapped herself out of her own dream world and went back to frying some heavenly pancakes for the gracious morning. although, as soon as cindy looked up she saw rain.

there goes the gracious morning.

cindy was confused, she didn't hear rain. thais also looked up and saw it too. her smile fell into a flat line as she realised what this meant for her.

cindy's heart dropped and her face drooped of sadness.

"oh thais, it's okay! doesn't that mean we have more time to prepare for your great debut," she shoved her hands up in the air as the frying pan was sizzling with batter.

thais hummed, as the silence grew and the sizzling and pit pat of the rain grew louder, cindy talked once again.

"you know, today i'm going to see nora," she said as she flipped a pig shaped pancake. thais perked up at the saying.

"oh you are?" thais asked, fidgeting with the ceramics underneath her fingertips.
"yeah, we're ice skating later tonight!"
"that sounds really cool, i heard there's disco lights,"
"oh yes! they have like a party mode at later sessions. ohh, i haven't skated in a while," cindy thoughtfully said.

she reminisced in the memories of teenage cindy, in her retainers era, roller skating down near the skatepark close to the highway.

cindy giggled as she remember that she once accidentally met belinda as she skated down the sidewalk and they both said hi.

she wonders how everyone in her life was doing.

the pancakes were finished off and eaten.

the day passed by quickly. cindy's anxiety shot up through the goddamn ozone layer.