╌ 🍥 ꒱꒱✦ chapter 35

the concrete pavement was being harassed by shuffles of feet, belonging to thais and cindy. and also being harassed by a huge piece of technology with buttons.

thais was ready to busk on the street and signing herself into gigs at cafes and bars. it would give her some good money to hang on for some time.

cindy was super excited too, she wanted to watch thais but unfortunately she has work soon so she was going to set up the busking place for thais and leave right after.

thais didn't mind that at all, she wanted to thank cindy after all she's done by performing on the streets to get some money.

"oh my fucking god you're lying!" cindy gasped dramatically as thais covered her mouth and shaking her head, smiling slightly with her cheekbones heightening.

"no for real," thais laughed, cindy was wheezing.

they arrived at the streets, not extremely crowded but not empty either. it was going to be busy real soon once people were getting out of work. thais started plugging things in and testing them out.

cindy was setting up the microphone and she placed guitar case down on the floor to have some cash grabs.

once they were done, cindy checked the time. there was still a bit of time leftover before she has to actually leave to go to work.

"good luck with your music career!" cindy finger guns thais as she speed walks her way down to the car park again, thais waved speechlessly.

once cindy was out of sight, thais started rocking out with her guitar for a bit. warming up her fingers and testing out to see if everything was working correctly, which it was. no disaster if that's what she wondered.

thais started humming a familiar tune of a famous song, she was going to cover it first to attract attention from people on the street. plus it was just a warm up because barely anyone was on the street anyway.

a few people turned heads towards thais' direction, curious with all the equipment and the string of music that faded into the background.

slowly but surely, a small crowd was watching thais' small performance. thais was nervous, shivering slightly by all the attention but gold and silver coins were steadily being thrown down to the guitar case.

that was what motivated thais to do more risky things, things that she hasn't done on the guitar before and wanted to know what it felt like. as she was trying to do so, some of the people varied.

some went away, some stayed, more people came, some went away again, some stayed a bit longer and more crowds came as thais' songs were switching.

it was a nice routine thais was going for, she enjoyed it already and was feeling the music within her throb against her chest, the passion she had for music and to do anything to bring it to life and rap it to everyone.

as she was thinking about it, she suddenly switched to a new melody with a fiercer tone behind it. the crowds were shook, murmuring amongst themselves with anticipation.

her voice started out, her first line being said on the microphone.

"yeah yeah~
to all the couples out there, it's time,"

the audience was enraptured with the performance, a few cheers were heard as thais continued.

"the knight drops deep as does my key,
i never drink, cuz to drink is the uncle free." thais passionately rapped, the audience roared enthusiastically at this.

more coins and even notes were being dropped at the guitar case as thais was almost halfway through her song. her fire ignited as the strums were being harshly hit and her singing becoming raw.

"in a russia state of mind!" she screamed, the crowd surrounding her joined in as they whooped and laughed.

a few more of these lines and thais was done, feeling all that raw energy captured onto a guitar and a song. the audience clapped and dispersed after thais' encore.

"hey kid, you think you could do a gig at my bar? you got some real talent," a man smoothly slid in front of her, handing a card of some sort with contact information and an introduction to the bar.

"hit me up alright? i'll pay you a bit if you do come," and walked away as thais looked back and forth from the card to the man.

she was still gonna busk on the streets don't get her wrong.