╌ 🍥 ꒱꒱✦ chapter 31

(click on the header to see full concept (?) image of cindy and nora)

they entered the cafe, the fluorescent lights flickered slightly but it wasn't very noticeable for them. nora and cindy held hands, warming each other up.

cindy couldn't help but invisibly sweat at how nervous she was when nora was holding it, her heartbeat beat loudly in her ears as her veins twitched. nora was trying to be calm, externally anyway.

cindy and nora walked hand in hand in front of the cashier, the girl playing around with the cash register looked up. she seemed new, she smiled awkwardly, looking like a fish out of water.

"hi, what can i get you two today? would you guys like to have ice cream? we are on a discount for 2 scoops," she advertised (conveniently saying ice cream when they wanted it), saying it was for a cheaper price and that she thought they were close friends or whatever.

cindy and nora whipped their hands away from each other, cindy waved her hand in dismissal and nora just looked the other way. looking at the ice cream flavours, distracting herself.

"oh, uh which ice cream flavour do you want?" cindy turned towards nora who was still scanning the ice cream flavours before turning back to cindy.

"i'll have boysenberry, its so damn good," nora praised, pointing at the ice cream flavour with her heart set on it.

"oh you're so fucking right, boysenberry is so good," cindy agreed passionately, she ordered a big scoop with the ice cream flavour and the cashier put it in.

"that'll be $7.50," the cashier rang up, she clicked the buttons. cindy and nora giggled, talking about how great the ice cream flavour is.

"bro, i was about to get it at woolworths today when i was going to work, it was on sale too!" cindy blabbered, she always had a story to tell.

nora laughed, they sat down together in a booth near the window. watching the night sky twinkle like crazy fireflies, cindy looked over to nora as the layers of her black hair whipped around.

"that was so crazy, tima being coincidentally there on the same day," cindy said, she wasn't particularly amused at the fact that tima had came at the wrong time on their deep discussion.

"nah its okay, we can continue our conversation here," nora waved off, even though it was totally not okay and she was sweating buckets because of that goddamn text tima sent.

"girl, i can see those droplets," cindy snickered, nora nervously laughed with her "haha's". she used her hand to slide them off, my god why is she sweating so much anyway.

"god, cindy im so stressed, what the fuck do i do now?" nora gripped onto her hair. cindy nodded thoughtfully at those words, she didn't know what to say quite yet.

"you are an emotional mess but don't worry, i am your emotional support," cindy tried to lighten up the mood, "haha, yeah obviously," nora sarcastically said, smiling.

"to actually be your emotional support, tell me whats wrong nory wory," cindy said, rolling the words off her tongue and starting to cringe. "fuck, right.. um," nora began.

"i mean i've told you basically everything, my family, my twitter drama and now tima.. i mean i like tima i guess but i don't know i feel like we're going too fast. i want to slow down and recover myself.." nora spoke out.

cindy's heart cracked slightly, but she shoved it away and locked it in a metal safe inside her.

"yes slay, love yourself first!" cindy cheered, nora nodded. "im literally so hot," nora flicked her hair playfully.

cindy was about to say something but the ice cream had unfortunately came.