╌ 🍥 ꒱꒱✦ chapter 29

cindy skated back towards nora when she decided she'd start moving again. nora chuckled, pushing cindy slightly with her warm hands.

cindy skated away from nora, moving in front of her.

"bejesus," cindy said out of reflex, nora laughed throwing her head back. the songs had started playing ages ago but they didn't pay much attention until now..

(you can play this while reading, i'm pretty sure)

nora looked back at the huge screen in front and saw the music video of harry styles, the adore you music video.

"oh my god, no fucking way," nora screamed above the chatters of humans. cindy followed nora's eyes and saw harry styles. she laughed as she saw harry styles on the screen.

the first lyrics came by like a breeze, nora spun around pulling out her phone just like she did for heat waves. she started filming herself as cindy watched, laughing heartily thinking that she was a narcissist.

"my god it's harry styles out of all people!" cindy shouted, she video bombed on noras video as nora mouths out the lyrics passionately with her hand.

cindy also uses her hands, watching noras hands wave around in motions.

"you don't have to say you love me,"

cindy looked at nora as she continuously filled herself, starting to skate since she couldn't stay in one place.

"you don't have to say nothing,"

cindy glided behind nora, watching as she drifted further into another world.

"you don't have to say you're mine,"

cindy saw the way nora's eyes sparkled with the disco ball, the way her laugh was just enough to make cindy get up in the morning in her life, the way she warmly smiled as if cindy was her lifelong ride or die.

"honey (ahhhhhhhhhhhh)
id walk through fire for you, just let me adore you,"

cindys mind sang automatically as nora came back, a bright genuine smile engraved on her face. cindy wanted to melt on the spot.

"let's go around the rink before it closes!" nora said, cindy could not say no to her at all. god, how much can she take of nora before she explodes?

"weren't you going to explain to me why you don't want to tell tima? i mean gurl, it's not like i would've told the gal anyway," cindy asked, she was curious but she didn't want to ruin the fun time they had.

"oh... i guess i.." nora sighed as she was thinking on how she was about to bring up the next few sentences that may or may not also worry cindy.

"there's so much shit going in my fucking life right now," running her hand through ger brown hair, the rush of anxiety she just had.

"ohh shit, what's happening?" cindy, as the concerned friend she was, asked politely.

"i think everything is going too fast for me," nora started beating around the bush.

"i mean man, i have to grieve through some deaths and now i have to deal with some fucking twitter shit which makes me want to start staying away from tima you know? so people don't start hating on me and i start spiralling into some fucking bad shit like drugs and alcohol and ahh, i don't know what to do anymore cindy..."

"woah woah woah, holy shit," cindy was taken aback by all of the words nora had spewed out as if the language wasn't even english. she didn't know how to comfort the tall teenager.

so she went ahead, her skates slicing through the thin layer of ice. inching herself closer with her arms open, ready to wrap them around the warm body of her familiar.

nora was surprised, she rarely got hugs from cindy and it wasn't like cindy to openly be affectionate. nora basked in what little comfort cindy provided. they were probably about to slip but for some reason, gravity decided that they'd stay together a little longer.

"just let me adore you, like it's the only thing i'll ever do," the second chorus rang out in their ears.

cindy slowly looked up and everyone around them skating was on slow motion, as if it was a movie. it seemed like time slowed down and they were the only ones who were im normal speed.

cindy looked at her eyes, adoring every sparkle adorned on the eyeballs of nora's. they were like glass orbs, reflecting everything around them. what cindy saw was the colourful glitter in them.

nora stared back, amazed by how her eyes seemingly reflected every light of the rainbow. nora chuckled in her thoughts but she couldn't be bothered to make a joke out of it because cindy's eyes were like a black hole. you were sucked in and you would never be able to get out, but it was sort of a good thing for nora she supposes.

they subconsciously leaned closer, continuously as the lights flickered in their eyes.

what they didn't notice was a fuming brunette, gripping her fist tightly with a clueless therapist's hand gripped inside it.

——————
840 words (excluding this)