╌ 🍥 ꒱꒱✦ chapter 5

a/n : this is cindy's side (she was not there with nora) during the whole harry styles concert + kicking in the head!! so if this gets confusing, please ask in the comments here:

————————

after cindy had dropped of nora, her bag still had one job left to do.

cindy went to one specific less populated area of the town, she wasn't being sketchy or selling drugs. she was meeting one of who she considered, her best friend.

as she pulled up to the side of the road with a broken sign nearby, she spotted them besides a rusty building with dirt buildup.

cindy went to the backseat of her car to find her black bag, it was small enough to fit a whole lunchbox inside and a few of her very important things.

she pulled out her bag and walked over to her friend. they were going to go eat together and then hang out until nora had texted cindy to pick her up.

"hey thais, i brought some food again!" cindy shouted, her feet taking her to thais. "cindy!! thank you~" thais jogged up to cindy.

thais' curly short hair, always in a ponytail, flew as she ran towards cindy. slowly decreasing her speed as she saw food.

thais' ragged clothes were worn off, "i should really get you new clothes, you're not gonna survive the winter with this!"

the homeless girl, thais, nodded in gratitude. "thank you so much cindy, you have no idea how lucky i feel bestie," thais held onto cindy's hand and shook it happily.

"come in my car, let's eat inside and talk. i have a jacket for you too," cindy dragged over with thais and sat down inside the car, locking the car door.

cindy and thais ate together, having conversations and small talk here and there as they ate. "you make really good food cindy!" thais exclaimed.

"thank you thais, i'm happy that you enjoy this. it's very basic though," cindy said, "you literally have no idea how much food means to me," thais replied honestly through mouthfuls.

after they finished, cindy decided it'd be a good idea to go shopping for thais. she also invited thais to stay at her place until thais had a stable job to split the rent.

"cindy, you're literally the most amazing person ever!" "don't worry so much about it, you've been living so rough," cindy reasoned, thais nodded in giddiness.

once they arrived at the shopping mall, they had happily went in together like jumpy frogs.

"i like this jacket," thais picked up a hanger with a black jacket on it. "you'll look like a grandpa in it," cindy laughed.

"that's the point." thais stated,

cindy laughed even harder, "alright whatever you want," cindy took it towards the pile of clothes thais wanted. they were cheap, that's what thais said.

as they went towards the cashier, they chatted about the room arrangements and splitting the rent. "and then you could pay-" "ahem, what payment are you using?" the cashier annoyedly asked.

"cash please," cindy said, handing over the cash after looking over at the register's total. "thank you for shopping here, have a nice day," the cashier said, in a bored tone.

"jeez, what's up with them?" cindy walked out the store, whispering to thais. thais obliviously blinked. "let's go back home, we need to discuss how you're going to pay the rent and a new job."

"i have one in mind" thais held her finger up as if a lightbulb, in a cartoon animation, popped on top of her finger.

"you do? what's on your mind?" cindy asked, tilting her head.