╌ 🍥 ꒱꒱✦ chapter 19

cindy drove home with thais, the music pumping out the car. they sang their hearts to 'sk8r boi' as the windows rolled down. the bumpy roads made it feel truly more thrilling.

"welcome home thais!" cindy fumbled with her house keys, inserting it through the precise key hole. thais idly stood behind cindy, peeking every once in a while.

as they shoved themselves through the door forcefully, they locked both the door and the car behind them. entering the comfortable living space.

"that was a really good restaurant.." thais said aloud, she rubbed her eyes. cindy made a hum of agreement.

"i wonder what nora's doing with her new friend, i've never seen that girl before." cindy abruptly started a conversation, thais looked up in curiosity and leaned in.

"i feel like i usually know everyone in nora's social circle, especially because we've been friends for a while and text casually," cindy ranted,
"i mean, it looked like nora and tima seemed close right? or maybe i'm overthinking things, maybe i'm overanalysing actions, maybe they really were on a da—"
"cindy, why don't we talk about my income first?" thais stopped cindy from blabbering on about her analysis.

cindy stopped pacing around the living room, she didn't even realise that she was pacing around the living room in the first place, she sat down on a nearby couch and tried to relax. thais sat beside her on another couch nearby.

"okay, let's get you a part time job first. but first first, we need to create your resume," cindy planned meticulously, thais nodded as she silently tuned into cindy's voice.

as the time slowly ticked by, cindy went onto instagram as thais was in her own bedroom playing with old instruments cindy handed down. as she was scrolling through instagram, she suddenly stumbled upon a post.

the photo above seemed to be pictures of nora and tima playing at the arcade together, cindy being the curious child she always was, she swiped right to see the photos nora uploaded.

pictures of tima and nora seemingly being the best of friends in a matter of 24 hours seemed absurd. with pictures from them being goofy, to them being under an abandoned patio to them in the end doing a heart together. it seemed odd really but cindy shrugged it off.

she didn't care. right?

cindy twisted her lips into a thoughtful position before swiping onto nora's instagram profile, not to mention the fact that the numbers '504.2k' followers glared at her. cindy scrolled down to stalk nora's page, it wasn't like nora was going to know anyway.

cindy saw 3 posts that had tima in it, her fingertips hovering over the screen as she intensely stared at the taken photographs.

clank! her phone dropped onto her face.

cindy groaned, lifting the phone away and collecting her thoughts, scrolling back to her feed and continuing on with her day. but that growing feeling would not go away, sitting at the back of her head in the darkest side of them all, cindy would never realise it until sooner.

sighing, she lazed out of the couch and decided she would do something productive because the nagging feeling would not leave. she dusted off the couch to ensure it wasn't dirty, moved away and walked off to her room in search of something productive to do.

she might as well start journaling, it could clear her head from all of this crisis of a mess. cindy skimmed around her messy room, untidy blankets with books piled on top of each other that have air bubbles on the cover. she sighed and started navigating through the piles of books to find a clean book with nothing inside.

finding a candidate, she flipped through it. the musty smell of the book gave the wrong impression but cindy thought that if they thought this book stunk, then they would not flip through it to find her unsaid thoughts and hidden messages only for herself to decipher.

everything will piece together.

—————————
wow guys, i have not uploaded for the past 5 months... i've left you starving (not like you'd remember this book anyway). anyway!!! wait another 5 months for another one 😁💕 (jk, maybe tomorrow or something)