╌ 🍥 ꒱꒱✦ chapter 41

thais had rung up the club business who had offered her the gig, conveniently it was tomorrow. there was an opening spot for her that happened to be around 7:25pm. cindy was patiently standing next to thais who was talking to the worker or whoever was managing phone calls and schedules.

"i got the gig!" thais cried out, smiling in pure joy as she pranced around while cindy clapped with enthusiasm and celebration. "oh my gosh, your career is starting!" cindy exclaimed.

"russia state of mind is going to a big hit!" cindy rambled on as thais clasped her hands together and thanked whoever for the good fortune that was coming her way.

"okay, why don't we get some good sleep for you to be ready," cindy suggested, thais eagerly nodded before adding, "and they offered me a gig so early, like a day? i thought until the weekend they'd give me," it was currently thursday and tomorrow would be thais' day.

also, today cindy remembered that nora was currently out with tima or somethin-

wait.

it's friday tomorrow.

"wait- thais, tomorrow is friday right.." cindy slowly asked, looking at thais with wavering eyes as the younger answered back just as slow, "yes...?"

"oh my god thais- i- that's a day before i go with nora and tima!" cindy gripped her hair as she was suddenly hit with the rocky thought of going out with both nora and tima.

thais arched an eyebrow, "you're going out with nora and who?" 

"those girls at the arcade a couple days ago," cindy reminded thais of the memory during may. thais furrowed her eyebrows in concentration and suddenly remembered.

"i think i know.. but- why is there something wrong with going out with them?" thais was confused, didn't cindy like going out with her friends?

"no- but like, yes? i've known nora since high school but i don't know her friend who she probably just met like.. a week ago?" cindy explained, trying to spare particular details. thais nodded along, prompting cindy to continue.

"and we have to go luna park. literally the first time i met her, we were so awkward! what if it happens again?"

"i doubt it, why else would nora invite you two?"

"because she's probably a dumbass and didn't notice our awkwardness??"

"she's not that stupid to not recognise awkward tension right?" thais was taken aback, hoping that whoever was cindy's friend wasn't as oblivious as she sounded.

"okay maybe you're right, now how do i back out?!" cindy pulled her hair once again, thais just hummed and sat on a chair thinking.

"you're stuck in this mess," thais concluded, smiling sheepishly as she rubbed her nape. cindy just sighed out, "plus, you get to go luna park?" thais added on positively to which cindy responded with a bigger and more dramatic sigh.

"i guess that's the good part, i haven't been there in soooo long," she dragged on the word, thais rocked on the chair back and forth in little motion. "then you should go!" thais urged. cindy contemplated for a bit before reluctantly agreeing.

it was already late in the night, about 10-11 pm as they spoke. cindy ushered them both to bed because first, cindy had work and second, thais had to busk for a couple of hours just to make extra for the both of them. cindy turned off the hallway and living room lights and darkness was what her eyes could only see.

walking back to her well-lit room, she watched thais trudge towards the guest bedroom and closing the bedroom door with a quiet shut that cindy wouldn't have heard if she wasn't listening so intently. 

cindy closes the door behind her and the day comes to a close as well.

the next morning went by in a hitch. with quick succession of setting up thais' busking equipment early in the morning as cindy got ready for work with her handbag slung over her shoulder. she put her hair in a ponytail and was wearing formal attire.

"sorry i can't see you busk in the morning," cindy apologised, clutching thais' sweaty palms with saddened eyes. "nah, don't worry about it. at least you get to see me at 7pm," thais brushed it off, reminding cindy of today.

"you're exactly right," cindy patted on thais' shoulder and wished her a quick good luck before scurrying off to her car. thais strummed her guitar in a pattern, warming her fingers up in the early crack of morning.

the day passed by with a crowd forming once again, thais garnering attention with her skilled fingers strumming a tune that almost everybody would probably know. with the time going forward, it was around 6 pm that cindy and thais had come home.

"how are you not tired from all that?" cindy asked, stretching her limbs as she leaned over the kitchen table. thais shrugged, but cindy could tell thais was holding back a stretching smile. "well, my gig is soon. you think there's any rockstar clothes i could borrow?" thais smoothly asked with a polite tone which cindy could never turn down for that matter.

"um yes! of course, i'll be your stylist!" cindy excitedly clapped her hands, walking over to her and dragging her along to cindy's room and letting thais sit on the bed. thais fiddled with her fingers as she curiously peeked over cindy's shoulder who was creating the perfect outfit for thais for the night.

after a couple minutes of aimless scavenging for clothes, cindy found a black leather jacket adorned with many silver zippers at the back of her closet. she threw it next to thais with nonchalance. she found a dark crimson graphic tee and black leather pants that whenever it hit the lights, it would reflect a lot back. she hoped those would fit thais snugly. 

"go ahead and try it," cindy wavered off, pointing towards the bathroom. thais complied and slung the outfits on her elbow and shuffled out the bedroom and towards the dark bathroom. cindy looked over her vanity that sat with a clutter of makeup, skincare products and nail polish.

a couple of minutes later and thais came out with no complaints, "how does it feel?" thais tested it out by bending her legs and arms, twisting and turning. "it fits really nicely and keeps me warm," thais replied, "that's good, that's good," cindy replied back as she ushered thais towards the vanity.

"now let's style you up, permission to touch face?" thais nodded wordlessly, "what style of look are you going for today?" cindy dressed her voice up in a fake 'nice' receptionist. thais thought for a moment, "bold?" it sounded more like she was asking a question. cindy would do it nevertheless. she also had a couple of old necklaces in her drawer that she'd give to thais for today.

"mm, we don't have much time but i'll try," cindy's eyes flickered back and forth from the clock. the time was approximately 6:30pm. that was less than an hour and cindy needs more than an hour to do this look. thais added on,

"if we don't have enough time, it's fine seriously," but cindy was determined and extremely stubborn, "no! we got this thais," she suddenly changed her attitude in a whim and decided.

'yes, i will do this for thais!' 

the next thirty minutes were sort of quiet, exchanging a small conversation before cindy resumed in concentration. the soft brush tickled thais' face so sometimes her eyes would squint, cindy would quietly remind her not to do so. 

after thirty minutes or so, cindy told the other to open her eyes.

"wow cindy! you've really outdone yourself," thais' sparkled in delight, her face moving at different angles to see the new look cindy painted on her. she smiled with passion and cindy felt a sense of pride that thais was performing with a makeup look that she did all by herself.

"then why don't we get going?" cindy glanced at the clock one last time and decided 'yep, it's time to leave,' and thais had agreed.

they put all the things thais would need such as her electric guitar and a couple of other necessities like her case and the guitar pick. her fingers were not going through hell and back for this gig. 

"i'm really proud of you thais," cindy blurted, thais felt a smile creep and this time she did not want to hold it back. "thanks cindy, it's honestly all because of you."

———————

ok im writing my authors note in bold

friendship <3