╌ 🍥 ꒱꒱✦ chapter 43

after thais' successful performance, they were both exhausted from head to toe. social battery was deteriorating every minute she spent at the bar, thais felt like the entire day had drowned her of energy to even continue walking back to the house.

cindy stumbled on the door as she struggled fitting her keys in the lock, it was like she was drunk but drunk from exactly what? honestly, she was absolutely beaten by tiredness and it was buzzing her mind. at the same time, she felt like a fish in water and every sound was muffled as she was focused on trying to get inside.

the door opened with two tumbling girls. turning the hallway light on, they closed the door and decided to just hit the hay and go to sleep. not before a quick shower because being in an enclosed space with people made her feel disgusted, imagine the unsanitary things that go on in there.

the bed was as comfortable as it used to be, the hard mattress hitting cindy's back and her limbs relaxing within minutes. she had said goodnight to thais earlier and gave her congratulations. but even if the bed was tempting, oh-so tempting, her thoughts had whisked her away.

'the day after tomorrow.. i don't even want to think about it,' but she thought about it anyway, she couldn't stop the incoming thought train that made her feel less and less tired.

'what if i just third wheel the entire time? they seem so much closer nowadays, i guess that's what people mean when you think you've known this person your whole life but you've only met them for a couple of days, that's definitely nora and tima.' cindy yawned midway of her thoughts, she turned to her left and tapped on her phone.

it was currently 12:08 am, she groaned softly as she tossed and turned on her bed. it was just a day away really, why was she so worried about something as trivial as this right about now? she decided to get some shuteye and hope the darkness takes her away into a dreamless night.

the next morning, the early sun peeked through her curtain through a slit. it wasn't hitting anywhere near her eye but she still decided to get up anyway, it was currently around 9-10 am.. probably. rubbing her eyes from the sleepiness, she still felt the exhaustion knock out her lungs. cindy couldn't fall back asleep though.

to distract herself, she went into the bathroom and created a mental list in her head to do some menial chores. doing her morning excretion and the very totally overcomplicated process of hygienic routine which was brushing her teeth and such.

she aimlessly spent her day doing particular chores with thais helping out here and there, it was a lacking friday. she wasn't called in for work which would've been a lucky thing if it weren't for her never-ending tiredness until it hit around 12 pm that her social battery recharged. as thais was hanging the clothes outside for drying, cindy paced around the kitchen after painstakingly cleaning the counters and worn-out stove.

her legs were starting to ache from constant use of running errands in a row, she needed a break from cleaning the kitchen. she would clean the bathroom next, it was starting to tarnish with unrecognisable black dots around the tub and toilet. which was perturbing to say the least.

thais opened the door as she entered with an empty basket,

"you don't have to do anything else, thank you thais," cindy appreciated the help she received from thais who was trying to lessen the chores on cindy's shoulders. she laid on the couch, her legs dangling off the arm rest and as she was about to doze off -- her phone vibrated on the coffee table.

snapping her head towards the sound, her hand systematically reached for her phone and saw a notification from her friend. or rather, someone she knew on a personal level so close friend?

nora: so me and tima have settled for the time
we decidedddd
to go around 12-1pm around the city and stuff
and then later we go eat because ofc wed be hungry
and then luna park at like 5 or something
because itll literally be perfect for pictures :]

nora texted multiple times and cindy read each one of them, realising then that it would definitely be too late to back out now. she thought of a reply, backspacing a couple times before replying,

cindy: I'm definitely going broke after this
Especially for Luna park liekkk
Where are we even going to eat?

nora: lol idk
we'll figure it out when we get there <3

cindy: 😃

nora: it depends on what we're craving that day
like maybe you one day crave churros and tomorrow you want fucking
fries with ice cream on top

cindy: Ok
Fair point
But still-

nora: end of story
just think about luna park at sunset
and we are all at the ferris wheel together and taking photos
and the ferris wheel conveniently stops at the top
like isn't that kind of cute? 🤭

was nora's imagination super imaginative or what? cindy stared at the text with a confused expression etched on her face. she thought back to her memories when she was once at the ferris wheel with lucy and belinda and it was definitely memorable in a way where it wasn't sunset skies and pretty photos.

no.

it was continuous screaming and insults being thrown at each other. she suddenly missed those memories and looked down at her bracelet the three of them bought.

cindy: Whatever makes you sleep at night

cindy turned off her phone and placed it down somewhere close by. silently hoping for some peace while she rested on the couch. she thought about cleaning the bathroom once again, pouting slightly and finding the motivation to do so.

the entire day just consisted of her cleaning the entire house, no one likes a germinated and greasy house. or messy, or careless, or grimy house.

———————

okay the schedule:
monday to fridays : about 2-3 chapters in that timeframe
weekends : 1 chapter each day (very guaranteed!!!!!!!)

ALSO!!! we are like halfway through the story now <<3 its been like 2-3 years since this started and we just halfway 😭😭😭 thats kinda sad