╌ 🍥 ꒱꒱✦ chapter 28

the ice rink date finally came.

cindy and nora walked into the ice rink with the breeze hitting onto their faces. they stepped on over near the seats and laid their bags and shoes down.

"oh my god there's so many children," nora spewed out, looking around. children with pink and green neon vests with writing of some program for teaching were all spaced out on the ice rink.

"we'll be fine let's go get our skates," cindy brushed it off, she walked downstairs to the skate hire desk and an old woman was tending to other teenagers.

cindy and nora waited their turn and the old woman turned to them, she smiled toothily.

cindy smiled back as nora looked at the skate sizes, looking back at her shoes and looking at the skates.

"yes, i'll take this size thank you," cindy had to size down her skates by one size, nora was in a daze until cindy snapped her fingers at nora.

"oh can i have that size?" nora pointed at a particular size she had eyed. the old woman limped as she walked to the skates that nora asked for and had slid them on the desk.

they both said their thanks and walked over to the wooden seats behind them. they removed their straps and started figuring out how much they wanted it to be tightened.

nora and cindy were pretty much good skaters with enough experience to glide through the ice without much trouble.

forgotten to be mentioned but, their outfits were a real banger. nora was wearing an oversized graphic shirt with fingerless gloves to keep her hands warm, followed by black jeans. her hair was slightly tied up, but with lots of hair on her shoulders and some bangs to finish off.

cindy was seemingly wearing a white collared shirt, her necklace she always keeps on and a black sweater to keep herself warm (which spoiler alert, did not particularly keep her hands warm). she wore black pants and kept her hair out voluminously.

nora and cindy get up from the chair after putting on their shoes and tightening them. they waddle their way up and walk towards the ice rink filled with people of all sizes. the disco lights were spinning around the people, it was night time after all.

"if i was alone my social anxiety would say naur," nora shifted, cindy agreed with her saying she would be the exact same.

"now let's get on the ice rink, this session doesn't last very long," cindy latched onto nora's warm fluffy hand.

they immediately begin to skate, letting go of each other's hands. cindy's ears had turned red, not sure if it was because it was cold or that she was holding nora's hand a second ago.

they did a loop through the entire ice rink, the children giggled and the adults were talking, the sounds of their skates hitting the ice buzzed in their ears.

"we're so slay!" nora cheered as she spun around on her skates, cindy collectively agreed. they were literally slaying on the ice rink, no questions asked.

it was all for fun and giggles, they pushed each other around as the other would make a new dance move each time they tried to balance themselves. nora had fallen about 4 times and cindy laughed.

they ice skated another loop, nora being the narcissist she is started filming herself. cindy skated from afar and laughed at nora. shaking her head as she thought about how narcissistic she was.

"oh my god, there she goes again," cindy watched, her eyes following as nora skated through the crowds of people.

she stood out to cindy, like always. the moon amongst the stars, the biggest and brightest out of them all.