╌ 🍥 ꒱꒱✦ chapter 39

———————

arriving at the place, it was huge for first impressions, the building was made of old bricks and a big sign held "welcome to the racecar and paintball experience!" on top of the huge doorway. nora was excited, tima could tell by the telltale signs that nora just seemingly gave out.

she would squeal and blabber a little, looking at the big place with lit up eyes that spoke more than she did. tima would subtly smile, watching her 'friend' speed up to the front desk with tima quickly tailing behind her.

the walls of the reception were painted with green and purple, the desk even had life size pictures of racecars imprinted on the sides of the desk. a worker was cheerfully tapping on their phone and beside them was a big wall of text written with prices and packages.

seemingly behind the worker was a litter of trophies on two white shelves.

tima wasted no time and swiftly walked towards the counter, her sweet voice hung in the air as she asked for the receptionist's attention.

"i have tickets for our session for two people?" she politely said, waiting as the worker flitted their eyes towards tima. in a deep voice and a hint of an accent, "oh yes, i'll scan them now,"

nora was looking all around the place with curiosity. there was a couple of machines that held a bunch of popular drinks such as coca cola and pepsi. she saw an ice cream freezer, remembering the summer heat that was burning them with a passion.

"come on nora!~" tima shouted, catching nora's attention once again and leading her to another room with a small racetrack inside the building. a couple of light blue racecars neatly set in a line available for them and a helmet hire somewhere near the left.

"they're going to teach us first before we do a session of racing together," tima explained, nora just said an "ooooh," in response. watching as an instructor and a couple of other people spill out from the hallway come inside of the racetrack place. nora clasped her hands together with a delighted smile.

the instructor was a tall male with blue slicked back hair, with sharp eyes he walked up to the two of them.

"i'm going to be your instructor for today, i'm daniel," he greeted with a friendly tone, gesturing towards the racecars that were formed in a line. everyone mingled together as the instructor rattled on about safety and regulations. seatbelts and helmets were a must, always keep your feet inside the car, so on so forth.

after a couple of minutes, he lead everyone to a random car and told them to clip on their seatbelts. he gave everyone helmets and told them a couple of safety regulations before letting the group know that they will start a practice run for everyone in a bit.

"awww, we're so far away~" tima lurched back, whining as she saw nora two cars down. nora just waved with the movement of her fingers. "we'll be racing anyway," nora reasoned with a laugh. tima harrumphed jokingly as she turned her head.

they started their practice round with a loud vroom vroom and they were already trying to get the hang of riding the racecar. people were bumping into each other with fitful giggles. nora steered clear of the crowd as she weaved her way down the racetrack. smiling carefree as the car took her through the road. it felt like her burdens were taken and eroded by the wind away from her.

tima had driven up beside her, casually bumping into nora's car to which nora would noisily complain. tima just laughed aloud and nora would fondly eye roll before trying to accelerate. tima would always catch up though, no matter what.

they had their fair share of fun before the instructor whistled and the cars had started slowing down,

"okay, everyone drive back to the starting line, if you're having trouble i can easily drag you to the starting line!" he clapped, watching carefully and calculatingly as everyone drove their way back to the line and spun around.

"alright, lets get this show on the road!" daniel shouted, whistling. everyone started up their engines and rammed into each other's cars, trying to get a workaround and drive in the racetrack. nora was having a hard time escaping the chaotic group before being bumped by tima.

"what is this? bumpcars?" nora scoffed, trying to accelerate and brute force her way through.

"i wish! come on let's race," tima swerved away from the mingling pack, nora following suit after seeing the opening. they were side by side now as tima smirked, "ready? three, two, one!" and tima was off.

nora was caught off guard but her foot got the message and started revving, she chased behind tima with a widening smile as her hair flapped against her helmet repeatedly. nothing could beat this particular moment where they're both giggling in their own world. 

it was like there wasn't a single person out there racing with them. 

the feeling of tingling adrenaline as they rushed one another with competition, the familiar and fluttering sensation crawling at the pits of their stomach, the lining of their stomach would be the same colour as their red cheeks. to think that it was only for sweating.

but it wasn't just from sweating alone.

after a couple laps, it got slightly more intense as they started really getting into the racing. their fleeting feelings being thrown out the window, nora's eyes narrowed as she cut in front of tima who gasped audibly. tima would then drive faster, bumping nora's racecar on the side to sabotage her from driving straight.

nora pressed on the pedal to accelerate, shoving tima past as she reached the finish line with a graceful smile. tima had a scowl on her face before seeing nora's smile and accepting the defeat just from seeing nora giggle like that. there was no point on feeling angry about it if she saw her cherished one smiling so grand.

as if she won something greater than life itself.

it brought a smile and a tinge of pink on tima's face, just seeing nora happy like that.

———————

MY BACK HURTS I LITERALLY PROCRASTINATED FOR 3 HOURS WRITING THIS ONE. CHAPTER.