╌ 🍥 ꒱꒱✦ chapter 17

as cindy sat down, the alluring fumes spread. she looked over to thais who sat quite comfortably on the wooden chair.

the restaurant seemed like any other restaurant. the tiles on the wall only filled with paintings with cooked food on it. tables scattered in a manner where everyone can walk freely.

the tables had chopsticks, spoons and forks inside the container. with a dozen of other condiments right underneath. cindy pulled out the menu and gave one to thais.

"wow, these all look so good!" thais' eyes glimmered with hunger as her eyes longed for food. cindy flipped her own menu, she got it while thais wasn't looking, scouring for something that might be what she wanted.

at last, there was an intriguing dish. calling for someone to scribble their order down, she nervously waved.

"hi, um, can i please have this?" she pointed at a particular dish (which you can think of), the waiter nodded and replied with

"would you like anything else?"

the waiter seemed to radiate happiness even on a busy day. oh did i mention it was a popular restaurant with a load of customers?

"oh, no thank you," cindy turned to the kettle beside her and poured some fresh hot tea out. pouring some for thais as well as thais pointed at something in the menu.

"it'll be right with you guys in a few minutes," the waiter scurried off towards the kitchen at the back, thais and cindy both looked at each other and giggled.

"it's quite nice in here, and air conditioned too," cindy quietly commented, observing her surroundings. thais nodded eagerly, waiting for their food to be settled.

a few minutes passed by with minimal chatter, the same waiter who took their order came back, placing a hot steamy plate of freshly cooked food perched on top.

thais marvelled in the sight, silently thanking the gods for the wonderful food given to her on the table. the waiter, who was blonde (unnecessary detail but i love this waiter), winked away.

cindy pulled a confused face when the waiter turned away to catch another customer. thais shrugged as she stuffed her mouth with some good food. cindy looked down at her own plate of food.

it steamed in front of her face, she picked up chopsticks and started chopping away with the food. the sound of chopsticks hitting the metal amplified as the silence engulfed them.

the shuffling of the lettuce mixed with the metal hitting on metal, the air conditioner seemed louder than before. nevertheless, the two girls paid no attention, immersed into the food.

once they were (kind of) finished, with a couple leftovers of vegetables here and there. cindy fortunately paid for it as she walked out with thais.

"that was the best food i've ever had in a while," thais coolly said, her feet strode raggedly.

"is my cooking not enough?" cindy jokingly threw in, walking besides thais.

"not compared to professional chefs," thais waved her hand away, "you gotta work on that,"

"hey! my cooking may not be the best but at least i'm feeding you," cindy huffed, thais laughed it off.

"i was joking cindy~ your food will always taste good to me," thais complimented, marching towards cindy's car.

cindy unlocked the car before plopping herself inside. thais slam-dunked herself into the car seat with her feet up in the air outside the car door.

"get your feet down, thais!"