Chapter 57

(Em's POV)

A lot has happened in the past 3 weeks: Covid has hit Melbourne again which has forced the blues to move to Sydney, where we will probably stay for the next 2 more weeks, for the bye and the Giants game. 

John Barker the Assistant Coach for Carlton who served for 11 years retired and the new President, Luke Sayers has started a review in everything at the club!

All of this started because of how poorly the boys have been playing which has reflected onto the club!

The Swans and Eagles games where Carlton could have won, but didn't!

Especially with all of the supporters have high hopes for this season, everyone has been let down by the first half of the season the team has produced. 

Everything happening has taken a toll on all of the boys, Sam has been a bit more down, but also is more motivated than ever!

To make matter worse, the media is eating up at the fact that Harry McKay and Patrick Cripps haven't resigned, and there have been ideas from basically everyone saying what could happen, even though they have no idea what is going on within the club!

And of course the club can't say anything, unless try to reassure the supporters that they aren't going anywhere, but at this point the supporters don't know what to believe and I don't blame them!

Thankfully since Bell and I both work for the footy club we were lucky enough to be able to come up to Sydney and be with the team, unlike other family members!

The past week has been very different at trainings and meeting for the boys!

They don't really know what going on because Luke wants to keep everything within the coaches office and try to not make any of the players anxious, but by doing that, he is achieving what he didn't want to achieve!

The boys are nervous and stressed about their future at the club, especially the un-contracted  ones, they have no idea if this will be a complete new rebuild, or just a change in coaching staff, like what happened with Bolts back in the middle of the 2019 season! 

(Sam's POV)

This week has definitely been unique, it lowkey feels like what happened back in 2019 bit Bolts, but not as intense, but in saying that with the departure of Barker, everyone does feel for the guy!

I remember when Bolts left it felt like a funeral, I had obviously not been with him for a while, but that doesn't mean I didn't see how much he affected everyone at the club. 

Today we find out if we can go back to Melbourne, because the group agreed that it would be best for us to be back home, and we would be able to train, and all of the players with parters and children would be able to see them. 

I am very thankful that Em works for the club because she was able to come to Sydney!

Because we left so quickly no one really had time to organise family and the club wasnt able to get the all clear form the AFL, many boys have left their family, and didn't really get a chance to say goodbye. 

                                                                                                                                                                                                        "Morning sleepyhead" I say to Em and I turn the alarm off!

Even though we quickly left to Sydney, the club was still bad to get the boys a super nice hotel, and Em, Zac, Bell and I are all sharing an apartment, which basically just feels like home!

"No" Em says as she wraps the duvet around her and rolls over

"You know we have to get up soon" I say as I get out of bed 

"I hate you" she says as she starts to sit up in the bed 

"Love you too" I say walking into the bathroom to brush my teeth

Today we have training at a local footy ground, which has been booked the club, which basically means that no one else can come in, even though I do love meeting fans!

I head out of the bathroom to see that Em is now awake sitting on her phone probably on tiktok, she has gotten all four of us addicted honestly!

I grab out some training clothes from my suitcase as I can hear Em get out of bed and wrap her arms around me!

"Did you sleep well?" I ask her 

"Yeah, I'm finally not cold" she says and I smile as she wraps her arms and walks over to her suitcase

Em and I got ready for the day, which basically meant we put Carlton gear on, and I of course, chucked a Nike jumper on, because it's my favourite brand!

In no time, Bell, Zac, Em and I were all sitting on the couch eating something small just to get us through the day until we have something else and we are on our way to the footy ground!

Thankfully, our hotel is near by so everyone just hopes on a bus!

The local ground is actually in amazing condition, it's like it have never been played on!

We started training and not much happened!

It was probably around 11:30am when we started to notice that there were footy fans standing around the oval watching us train, which is okay, but you definitely have an added pressure on you because you want to train well!

Em has been doing physio work will the whole injured squad and we also found out that C. Curnow has been training really well and is almost ready to go back to full training, and possible get a game!

But Em is skeptical about putting him in because if the season is already over for us, there's no point in possible re injuring him, and just allowing him to get another preseason under his belt and even at least 1 scratch match before the start of the 2022 season!

Other than Charlie possibly coming back the only other injured player we can have in and need in is Mcgovern, even if he isn't kicking goals, he can normally mark the ball and get it to H, to slot it through!

After we finished training, we couldn't go and get photos with fans because of the Covid restrictions, which did hurt a but because I always loving meeting fans and getting a photo with them to let them now how much I love the support they give to the club!

A/N 

Bit of a boring won but hey something will happen sooner or later?!?!

Also, Mr. Patrick Cripps, re-signed, making him a bagger for life! Definitely thought that he could go back to WA, but I'm just happy it's all over (even though, I kinda wanna him to go :/)

Next update should hopefully be soon!

Remember to comment and vote <3