Chapter 80

(Em's POV)

The last month has been a ride of emotions, Carlton won 1 out of 4 matches, which was to Saints, and no one though that would happen!

Only the really good news is that Charlie Curnow got through a whole month of games without re injuring himself, which just made everyone in the rehab department scream for joy!

Seeing someone who has battled with injury for 2 years making their debut making and not hurting themselves or not having their match fitness to the level they need is a sight for sore eyes!

Not only are the boys feeling the pressure, but so are the boys!

The week before the Port Adelaide game there was some serious injury news!

With Silvagni, McKay, Jones, Martin, Williams all being ruled out for the season, and Crips becoming a late out for the Power game with quad tightness!

The mood after the Power game was the worst all season. 

It was the worst lost season 2018... and it was the Carlton veteran Murph's last game!

Murph smiled through the pain knowing that he got the Carlton send off.

The GWS only brought more tears to the whole AFL community really, with the retirement of Eddie Betts and the final game with Carlton Levi Casboult!

Betts announced it on Monday that he will be hanging the boots up, with the news that Carlton will not be offering him another contracts.

In my opinion I believe that Eddie should have been able to chose when he wanted to hang the boots up, but I guess things happen for a reason right..

With Levi, the club informed him that he will not be with Carlton post 2021, but from what we know, he isn't hanging the boots up!

From being a childhood blue baggers, to be a bright light in dark times, the iconic double cobra will always hold a special places in the Carlton supporters hearts!

Sam had some serious pressure on him given the last few weeks he was getting tagged and obviously under performing...

Thankfully the media didn't bite as much as I thought they would, but even without the media, Sam was still kicking himself. 

Some of the media was honest horrible about David Teague. 

Ross Lyon was being shocking, he was so cocky about the job, not taking into account that Teague is still contracted until 2022. 

I know that the boys all support Teague, but the club seems to have different thoughts!

With the external review ending about a week ago and the result staying in house, the boys and the entire coaching staff has been on edge. 

When you walk into the club you can feel the tension that has been building since the bye, the players and staff try to ignore it, but its too hard!

The main conversations at the club thankfully don't deal much with the review, mainly because people really don't want to address what the inevitable will be. 

It's currently a Sunday afternoon, we are all watching the last game of the home and way season, Crows vs Kangas, it was a good battle but in the end the favourite Crows took an extra 4 points in the last game of season 2021!

"Hey, that means H has won the Coleman" Sam says as he seats up from the couch 

"Aw yeah, insane for him to win it given he was basically out for 3 games" I said 

"He's the next generation of forwards, he will be a multiple Coleman medalist, I'm calling it, someone quote me" Zac jokingly says 

"Well I sure hope he is" Bell says