Chapter 93

(Em's POV) 

It's finally time to head back home. Home, what am I gonna do about that. 

Mia and I had a very emotional goodbye, definitely was expecting that. It's the fact that I have to deal with this situation without her now. Thankfully with more and more people getting vaccinated the likelihood of the borders coming back up again are very slim, and Mia said she has to come down to see her family. 

Ever since the night that I called her, we have grown so much closer, like the old days and I'm gonna miss it so much. Jeez, I hate long distance, even if it's a friendship. 

Dow was sweet enough to allow me to switch spots with him, so the entire car didn't have to deal with the awkwardness of him and I being in the same car together for 2 days. 

(Sam's POV)

I've been messaging with Bell and Mon and they agree that it's a good idea for Em and I to try and talk together, even if it's just to put us on good terms again. 

They have come up with a plan that when we get to the hotel for the night, they tell Em that my room, is actually hers, so we will actually have to talk, or at least I'm gonna try to get on better terms with her, I need it. But it's also not about what I need, it's about what she needs.

(Em's POV)

The drive was super relaxing, Mon and I sat in the back together chatting away with wedding details and laughing our heads off. 

I just can't wait for that bloody day, the day they say yes to each-other, hopefully one day I will get to experience that... 

The two of us were planning out the colour plate for the tables and which flowers they should have 

"Why don't you just go with good old roses" Bam Bam suggested 

"Bam Bam, I love you but I do think there's a reason why Em and I are doing this" Mon says sarcastically 

"Don't take it too personally, she's done it to me" Pat says as he jokes around and just him arm on Bam Bam shoulder 

Mon and I just look at each-other tilt our heads as we know it true what Pat said. 

Mon, Bell and I have really taken over in the wedding planing, mainly because Pat was training for majority of it. 

(Mon's POV)

Bell, Sam and I are all messaging in a group chat trying to figure out how exactly we are going to pull this off. 

I reckon the best time would be to do it on the last day of the road trip because we are going to do the less driving, which hopefully means that the talk will be less heated. 

Sam is a bit hesitant to talk to her because he does what to give Em her space, but after the night at the bowling studio, I think Bell and I both know that Em still has feelings for Sam. 

Bell and I know Em very well, and we are able to pick up on her very small hints and we both know that even if she hates Sam with every but right now, some of that anger can be turned into love with a flick of switch. 

Part of me doubts that this idea will work, I mean we can't force Em to try to feel her feelings for him again, but I do want to try. 

(Em's POV) 

The drive feels like it takes far less time, which is weird given it is the exact same route. Nevertheless less we arrive at the same hotel and all crashed after the long day of driving. 

Thankfully because there weren't very many tourists staying here, I was able to change my booking at get a room to myself. 

I take of my leggings and chuck on a pair of sleeping shorts and a jumper and hop into the lonely king sized bed. 

I haven't slept in a bed by myself in a long time, not since him... Laith. 

I let Mia know where we ended up today and I start the endless scroll of TikTok 

(Mon's POV) 

"So, are we doing it tonight, or tomorrow" I ask Sam 

"I don't know, I don't want to force it onto her, I just know that seeing her like that will just break my heart even more" Sam says

"Sam, she loves you, even if she can't admit it right now, I don't know how many more times we can tell you that, it's all or nothing at this point" Bell explains and I nod in agreement 

"Well then, what room is she staying in" Sam asks

"312" I say and he's off 

(Sam's POV)

I think I'm more nervous now than I was on my debut game, but surely that means something. I love Em so much, my fuck up has just proven to me that I need this girl in my life. Forever and always. She's my one. The one I want to spend the rest of my life with. The future mother to my children. If she wants to of course. 

I'm just nervous that if I tell Em how I feel, what I want our future to be, she won't want it. Or she needs more time. I mean I can't stop her, I'm the one who caused us to spilt. The entire night replays in my head every night, how could I let that happen, what came over me. Alcohol. Never again. Not if that's the consequence. 

The elevator doors open, level 3. Well, I'm gonna know her answer soon. 

306.

308.

310. 

312.

312. Her room.

How many times do I knock? 

Is 1 not enough? 

Or is 4 too many? 

I literally sound like a 13 boy asking out his crush. 

I mean there is only one thing false about that statement. I'm 20 not 13. She's still my crush. 

I knock 3 times. Not too many, but enough so that she knows that someone wants to see her. 

"Coming" I hear she slightly shout and her tiny little footsteps following along 

She opens the door, I'm mesmerised by her once again. Her hair is in our of this messy buns, short sweat shorts on, and my old jumper from club footy. 

"Hey, my eyes are up here, what do you need" She says. Her words break my trance. 

"Uh, sorry, I was wondering if we could talk" I ask her 

A/N 

Bit of a short one... sorry but moving house is taking up all of my time. 

In saying that there will probably minimal updates until around Christmas.. but after then we will be settled into the new house and all should be good! 

Remember to comment and vote <333