Chapter 68

(Sam's POV)

It's game day!

Against the dockers again who have found some form since we played them back in round 3!

There's a lot riding on this game and I think everyone at the club and supporters know it as well!

Bell, Em and I are all up getting breakfast figuring out what to do with all the time we have and Zac is still sleeping as he isn't coming to the game, but having a couple of the boys over to watch it.

The game is now being played at 7:40 Melbourne time because it was originally supposed to be played over at Optus, but with the restrictions it's gotten moved to the MCG.

We can't head to MCG until we get the all clear, but it's gonna be a double header, with GWS Giants playing against Melbourne Demons 6 hours earlier.

We decided that we should chill at home until we needed to start getting ready, because there isn't much else we can do on game day.

I mean we could go into the club, but given I don't need treatment there's basically no point.

It's a couple hours later and Fish and I are watching the England play in the Euros, which Zac had no clue about but he is learning.

Raheem Streling kicked an rippa of a goal and did a little jazz hand celebration and I think to myself that maybe if I kick a goal today, maybe I will pull that out, depending on how important the goal is!

Game day is a lot more boring when you are playing later in the day mainly because you can't really practice because you don't want to injury yourself right before the game.

The girls have gone out with a walk with Navy,  Bell's dog that has finally moved into our house.

Navy had been staying at Bell's parents house in WA for the last couple of months and due to the borders shutting they couldn't get a flight out for her, but they finally got her one and now she's back.

After hours of actual boredom I had finally got the all clear, so I shouted out for the girls, who were working and I grabbed my bags.

"See ya in a couple hours" I say to Zac as we both walk to the front door

"Yep, hopefully with another 4 points" Zac says and I shake my head and the girls come downstairs

"Aight let's go" I say as I hold the door for the girls

"Bye love" Bell says and gives Zac a kiss and then she walks out

"Don't let him go on a rampage tonight" Zac says to Em hinting at my temper

"I will try my best" Em says and we are out of the house!

The drive to the 'G was hectic given that all of the fans from the previous game were all only just leaving now.

But thankfully for this exact reason the players have their own parking section, so that is where I drive.

We are one of the only cars here, which means we are basically here way to early, but we can't do anything about that now.