Chapter 69

(Em's POV)

All of the boys are absolutely bored, sitting around the walls of the rooms, until they can finally get out onto the ground. Which is also a sign that the med team can go up and get things ready. 

Everyone does their own things with getting everything ready!

I make sure that all of the water bottles are filled with what they are supposed to be filled with, while the rest of the physio and setting up the mats and lotion in case anyones needs a cramp massaged out!

Around 30 minutes later we are all back in the rooms and Teague is giving his final speech and Crippa does as well. 

This is one of the first games since Doc came back after his 2 years off, that he has to run out alone.

We let the boys run of the race first so they can do their very last warmup and the everyone else runs out as well!

Sarah (one of our lovely trainers) and I walk to where we are sitting around the ground, which is basically right in front of where the dockers forwards will be playing but where our boys will be playing at the end of the game!

More typically the physio's will stay at the bench, but with the amount of injuries we have had recently we have chosen to have 2 out of the 5 physio stay around the boundaries just to be safe!

"So, how are you and Sam going" Sarah asks me as we take a seat on the very uncomfortable chairs

"Yeah all good, no major fights, but those are bound to happen in any relationship" I tell her 

"Well I'm glad, yeah fights are something that is not avoidable" Sarah continues on

"How are you and your hubby going" I ask her 

"Lovely, being married isnt honestly that much different to dating, you just feel more secure" She informs me 

"I bet, I just know that planning a wedding is fucking stressful" I say 

"Yes it very much is, I bet Mon and Pat are going through it right now" Sarah says 

"Yeah, she came over a couple of days ago to get advice and had the largest binder I think I have ever seen" I tell her 

"No surprise there, also, are you and Laith good again, because I saw on your insta story that you were with Pat Lipinski and his girlfriend" Sarah asks

"Yeah, we talked after the Blues Bulldogs game and sorted everything out" I tell her 

"Well I'm glad" Sarah says and the siren sounds at the 'G!

The game doesn't start that badly, with Carlton maintaining the possession quite well, Harry managed to get the ball but only score minor. 

It took the boys to find some form and finally found Matt Kennedy directly in front of goal, he goes back and slots it through the big sticks and the loyal navy blues show their love for Bam Bam!

We managed to kick 3 more majors and 1 more minor, to they Dockers only 4 minors at the time of the first siren!

We played alright that quarter, honestly Freo aren't playing that well, but also the boys seem to be working quite well together and Jsos is already starting to have an amazing game, which is always lovely to see. sSince the media isn't always the nicest to him!

During the 1st quarter, the doc's mainly just made sure that everyone wasnt injured or sore, and made sure that everyone is ready for another intense quarter!

The boys all go back to their spots and Sarah and I do as well.

The second quarter starts, and within the first minute of the game we get a goal off of the boot of the up and coming Matt Owies!