Chapter 102

(Em's POV) 

Do you ever just wish a night couldn't end? 

That's how I feel about tonight. 

Am I being super sappy that Sam surprised me for New Years? 

Oh 100% yes. But I wasn't excepting it. Yes he has given me gifts before, but he's never surprised me before like that. Well not counting the time he proposed to me. 

Well, now thinking about it, the night has already ended. God I need to stop drinking. 

"Sammyyyyy, I fink I really need to go home" I somehow slur 

Sam does say something but I have no chance of comprehending what he says before he starts dragging me out of the house. 

Jesus, why do I feel like an actual 15 year old that just drank for the first time. 

I don't think Sam has had anything to drink, well I fucking hope not. 

He helps me into the car and before I knew it we were off to conquer the world for all I cared. 

"You've had too much to drink haven't you" Sam says placing his hand on my thigh 

"Definitely, but I needed this" I say gripping his hand 

"And you deserved it, you deserve to be able to let yourself free every once a while" 

 I don't say anything, I just give him puppy dog eyes. 

Am I sometimes an emotional drunk? 

Yes. 

Am I trying not to one right now? 

Yes.

---

Oh. My. God. 

My head is pounding. 

"Here, take this and drink this" Sam says as he hands me Panadol and water 

"I feel like absolute shit" I say sitting up and taking the pills 

"I figured, how much did you actually ahem to drink" he asks me 

"If I'm being truly honest I really don't know" I say praying I don't get a lecture. 

I know Sam has never judged me for drinking in the past, but somehow I just have this feeling that this time is different. 

"Please don't give me a lecture right now" I say, he shocked, taken by what I just said

"Emily Marie Walsh, I will never lecture you about drinking" he says and I'm taken back by his words 

"Walsh?" I question 

"Yeah, I mean if you wanna take my name, you don't have too" 

"I do, but I just wasnt expecting it" I respond 

"I'm glad, all I mean Em, is that if you ever want to get that drunk again, just please tell me so I can be there to protect you" he says and my heart melts right then and there. "What" 

"Nothing I just love you" I say pulling him back to bed with me 

2 weeks later 

God covid fucked my life up for a week, but it's finally time for me to work for the women's team 

2 days before the Blues Collingwood game, I went to the shops get to some groceries and of course I was a close contact to a positive person. 

Part of me hoped that I would be able to get my covid test back in time, yet with case numbers only rising in Melbourne it's getting harder and harder to get results back in less than 72 hours. Which meant I had to stay in isolation for the game, which meant I was screaming at the tv pissed off with how the umpires were seeing the game. 

It's the Prespakis Cup. The fight between the 2 sisters. Who will win bragging rights at Christmas. 

The Collingwood loss was hard on the club. Giving 3 50's that led to 3 straight goals was just unacceptable. 

I heard from the other physios that it was the loudest spray he had given the girls in a long time. And yes the umpires were shocking, but that can't always be blamed. 

The game today is being played in Geelong, at GMHBA stadium, which means it's home crowd for Geelong, however I know that there are a couple of boys making the trip down to support the girls!

The game was at 3, which has it's ups and downs. On one hand a 3pm game means that we got to have a little bit of a sleep in, yet that means the sun is absolutely blaring and a series amount of sunscreen needs to be used. 

Myself and a couple of other medics are prepping all of the bags, making sure that we have everything we will need incase of any injury.

The club has put some extra caution around ACL's right now, with over 5 women's across all clubs going down with the injury. It's suspected that it has something to do with the fact that the women's bodies aren't as strong as mens, but we don't know for sure. 

Once all of the girls arrive, we all get our covid test's done, every single one of us has to be negative to get on the bus and play. Rapids are slowly becoming a part of everyday life now, I mean it's better than getting a swab up to your brain, but still.  

Once we all pile onto the bus, the drive begins. Everyone has their own way of entertaining themselves, I've taken probably the more popular route, scrolling through Tik Tok, even though I could easily be doing something way more productive.  

-----

Screams fill the room. The first win of 2022. Winning the Prespakis Cup. 

The game wasn't even close to perfect. There were still mistakes being made that we made against Collingwood, but hey, we won, at the end of the day that is what really matters. 

Kez was unstoppable, playing at 100% disposal effieceny, just captain things I guess. 

Pat, Sam, Liam, Jacob, Caleb and Doc all came out to support the girls which just made it eve better.  Pat and Doc said a couple of words to the girls after the game, basically just hyping them up, which of course everyone loved. 

Thankfully, no one today was injured significantly, unlike last week. 

"How was your first game" a very familiar voice says behind me, wrapping their arms around me 

"Good, I'm just happy that no one got hurt". Respond back unwrapping myself from his arms. "I need tp pack up all of the stuff, I'll see you at home" 

"Definitely, you know, now that we are getting married we could get our own place" Sam suggested 

"Nooo, I don't wanna be away from my niece and nephew, but maybe in the future" I say knowing that one day when we have kids, we are gonna leave my brother and move somewhere else

"I know , I'm just teasing you, see you when you get home" Sam says giving me a kiss and heading out. 

A/N 

So, long time no update... sorry

You have no idea how much this chapter gave me writer block. 

Once I finished this chapter, school started and shit really hit the fan. (and lowkey is living in WA) I'm hoping that over the next couple of weeks I will find motivation, yet I'm saying that as I'm in my assessments weeks, but hey who knows at this point 

But I'm gonna try and stay on this writing roll because y'all deserve it <33

I know this chapter was boring as hell, but just wait for the next 2 :)) 

Also, we aren't even going to talk about his injury because I'm still in denial.